Programs & Events
Scroll down to see all programs and events upcoming this quarter.
Tuesday - Thursday, September 13-15, 2016
Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona!
New Tenure-Track Faculty Orientation at Cal Poly Pomona is Tuesday – Thursday September 13-15, with free days on Monday and Friday to do business (and attend a benefits workshop!). NTTFO is a great time to learn about the university and meet other new colleagues. It’s well worth attending if at all possible, even if you are already familiar with Cal Poly Pomona. We provide a small stipend as an acknowledgement of your time.
Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona!
Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona! Lecturers at CPP are regarded as full partners in the University's educational mission. You are very cordially invited to participate in all of the Faculty Center activities. This orientation focuses specifically on resources and issues that address your concerns as a lecturer.
New Lecturer Faculty Orientation Outcomes
Meet and begin to form relationships with other lecturer faculty.
Meet and begin to form relationships with a variety of people around campus who can support you in your work.
- Understand your lecturer contract and your relationship to the California Faculty Association.
Collect a variety of information about Cal Poly Pomona’s priorities, resources, policies, procedures, and opportunities in an easy-to-retrieve format.
Feel valued and welcomed, and have a good time!
- Welcome and Introductions: Victoria Bhavsar, Faculty Center for Professional Development
- Wisdom from a Long Time Lecturer: Bonnie Thorne, CFA Lecturer Rep and Lecturer in Psychology & Sociology
- Lecturer Contract Issues: Anita Jessup, Director of Faculty Affairs
- Academic Integrity, Emergencies, and Policies: Susan Ashe, Director of Student Conduct & Integrity
- Resources for Teaching with Technology: The eLearning Team
- Using the Quality Matters Template to Create a Highly Effective Course: Victoria Bhavsar
- Q&A and Discussion
Offered by the Office of Research, Innovation, & Economic Development
Webinars from the Grant Resource Center
- Wed. Aug. 24, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm, Bldg 2-206: Foundation for Food and Agricultural Research
- Wed. Aug. 31, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm, Bldg 1-228: National Institute of General Medical Sciences & National Institutes of Health
- Wed. Sept. 14, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm, Bldg 1-228: National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)
- Thurs. Sept. 15, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm, Bldg 1-228: National Endowment for the Arts
- Tues. Sept. 20, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm, Bldg 1-228: US Department of Education
- Thurs. Sept. 22, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm, Bldg 1-228: The Foundation Center
For the entire list and more information about each webinar, please download the flyer.
Unfortunately, these webinars CANNOT be recorded and CANNOT be watched from your office. You must attend in person, at the specified location. For questions, please contact Dr. Sadiq Shah, AVP for Research, Innovation, & Economic Development (email@example.com). To register for a webinar, please contact Sharon Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org).