Dr. Senanayake's areas of teaching include product development, production, supply chain management, operations management, enterprice resource planning, quality management and research methods. He holds professional qualifications as a chartered textile technologist. Dr. Senanayake’s research interests are mass customization and personalization considering the aspects of technology integration and development, mixed mass production and customization apparel manufacturing, and challenges and barriers from both customer and manufacturing ends. Further hehas conducted manufacturing research and development of tools to assist in the manufacturing decision making process. He is an expert in apparel product development, production and quality management and has extensive executive industry experience in operations and R&D in the USA and overseas. He has served in committees related to AAFA, TI, AATCC and ITAA and is a member of number of professional organizations including the Textile Institute, ITAA, AATCC, and MCPC group at MIT. He has published his research in referred journals, has written book chapters on product development and technology integration for managing complexity, has written trade publications and is a regular research presenter at national and international professional conferences such as ITAA, TI, AATCC and MCPC. He is a journal article reviewer for CTRJ and JFMM and has reviewed book chapters. He has received number of internal and external grants and is an active grant proposal writer for improving teaching with modern digital technologies and interactive computer simulations.
- AMM 101: Fashion Industry
- AMM 200/400 Special Topics/Independent Studies
- AMM 299: Apparel Operations management
- AMM 301/L: Apparel Product Analysis and Lab
- AMM 381/L: Apparel Production I and Lab
- AMM 442: Internship
- AMM 443A: Apparel Market Analysis and Reporting
- AMM 451: Apparel Supply Chain Management
- AMM 461: Senior Research project I
- AMM 462: Senior Research project II
- AMM 481/L: Advanced Apparel Production and Lab
- AMM 453: Apparel Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
- AMM 492/A: Apparel Product Development Simulation and Activity (Capstone Course –team learning)
- Apparel Technology Integration and Development for Purchase Activated Manufacturing (2016). Book Title: Managing Complexity - Proceedings of the 8th World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization, and Co-Creation (MCPC 2015), Montreal, Canada, October 20th-22th, 2015. Springer Proceedings in Business and Economics (ISBN 978-3-319-29058-4). [Edited by: Bellemare, J, Carrier, S., and Piller, F.] http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319290560]
- Product development in the apparel industry (2015) Book title: Garment manufacturing technology, Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles #168, UK. (Edited by: R Nayak and R Padhye, RMIT University, Australia)
Referred Journal Manuscripts/Full Papers/Extended Abstracts
- Che, Jianging, and Senanayake, Muditha. (2017 in printing). A Statistical Analysis for Correlation Approach to Compensate the Measured CIELAB Colorimetric Data for Temperature Alterations. Journal of Color Research and Application.
- Senanayake, M. M. Raheja A. & Zhang, Yuhan. (2016 In review). Automated body measurement extraction: A single camera approach. International Journal of Clothing Science & Technology.
- Che, Jianging, and Senanayake, Muditha. (2016). The dependency of color measurement on surface temperature of textile, ceramic, plastic, paint, and print materials. 2017 AATCC International Conference, March 28-30, Wilmington. NC.
- Senanayake, Muditha. (2016). Interactive Computer Simulation Tool to Improve Cutting Room Decision Making. 2017 AATCC International Conference, March 28-30, Wilmington. NC.
- Che, Jiangning, Rong, Li, and Senanayake, Muditha. (2016). A Comparative Study on the Dependency of Color Measurement on Surface Temperature, Journal of Coloration Technology, 132(2): 144-152.
- Che, Jiangning, and Senanayake, Muditha. (2015). An Analysis of the Thermochromism Properties of Colored Composite materials. Proceedings of the CAD RETEC 2015 Conference, Oct 4-6, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Senanayake, Muditha, Kilduff, Peter, Grier, Bill. (2015). Apparel Technology Integration and Development for Purchase Activated Manufacturing. Proceedings of the 8th World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization, and Co-Creation: Managing Complexity, Oct 21-23, Canada