Please consult with Human Resources prior to initiating this type of request.
Notice of Reassignment and Updated Position Description
At least 14 days prior to the effective date of the reassignment, the employee must be provided with:
- Notice of Reassignment (Memo from HEERA Manager to Employee)
- Updated Position Description.
According to the CSUEU and APC contracts, an employee has the option to voluntarily waive the 14 day notice with submission of a signed memo.
Sample - 14 day waiver memo
The lead supervisor and HEERA Manager should sign the Position Description. The employee may sign the updated Position Description in Human Resources at the time they sign their appointment letter.
An employee may be permanently reassigned, in their current classification, from one department or unit to another department or unit. An employee retains their current salary. A salary increase cannot be given in a permanent reassignment.
Requests to permanently reassign an employee require the approval of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Below you will find the required documents to complete a permanent reassignment.
1. Cover Memorandum which includes the following information:
- Indicate permanent reassignment request
- Name of employee
- Name of current College/Department and Classification
- Name of reassigned College/Department and Classification
- Brief paragraph outlining details of the reassignment
2. Reassignment Request Form
- Form requires approval signatures. The HEERA Manager and AVP/Dean’s signatures must be obtained before submission to the Provost’s office. If the HEERA manager and AVP/Dean is the same individual, please have that person sign in both boxes.
3. Copy of Notice of Reassignment Memo
4. Position Description
Include an updated Position Description which has been reviewed by Sandra Bufalini, Manager, Employment and Compensation. The Provost’s Office will verify the following items on the position description.
- Box #2 is left blank
- An individual’s name is included in both #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, indicate the person’s name in both boxes.
- #26 & #27 is signed by the individual listed in #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, please have them sign on both lines.
5. Organizational Chart
Include your current organization chart which indicates the current administrators and staff personnel within the unit/area. Also include this personnel change on the organization chart.
For questions about the information requested above, please contact Madiha Choudhury, Employment, Compensation & Classification Analyst, at ext. 4528 or email@example.com.