MPP Administrator - Associate Dean
Below you will find the required documents that make a complete recruitment package for an Associate Dean position. For Dean and AVP positions, the Provost's office staff will initiate the recruitment.
The documents should be submitted in the order listed below.
1. Cover Memorandum to the Provost from the Dean which includes the following information:
- Name of college/department
- Working title
- Indicate this is a request for a full-time, at will MPP position
- Position number
- Funding source
- Name of Person Replacing, if applicable:
- Brief paragraph outlining the details/justification of the position
2. Recruitment Request Form
Section A of this form must be completed. Since this is a replacement position in your unit/area, indicate the previous incumbent who held this position in the “Replacing” section. In the “Employment Status” section, check the At Will (MPP) box. In the “Qualifications & Requirements” section, summarize the information in # 17 from the position description.
Section B of this form requires approval signatures. The Dean's signature must be obtained before submission to the Provost’s office. The Dean must sign in the Department Chair or Supervisor box as well as the Dean or Department Head box.
Include a final version of the position description which has been reviewed by Sandra Bufalini, Manager, Employment/Compensation. The Provost’s office will verify the following items on the position description:
- Box #2 is left blank
- An individual’s name is included in both #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, indicate the person’s name in both boxes.
- #26 & #27 is signed by the individual listed in #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, please have them sign on both lines.
4. Current Organizational Chart
Include your current organizational chart which must indicate current administrators and staff personnel within the unit/area. Also include this new position in your organizational chart.
For questions about the information requested above, please contact Mahiha Choudhury, Employment, Compensation & Classification Analyst, at ext. 4528 or email@example.com.