New Position (temporary)
This type or recruitment is for an additional position to your unit/area, but for a specific time period. The funding for this position must be secured.
Below you will find the required documents that make a complete recruitment package for a new temporary position in your area. They should be submitted in the order listed below.
1. Cover Memorandum which includes the following information:
- Indicate new position and temporary
- Name of College/Department
- Working Title
- Indicate Full-time/Part-time (if part-time, indicate time base (i.e. .50))
- Indicate duration (start date and end date)
- Funding Source
- Brief paragraph outlining the details/justification of the position
- HEERA Manager's Name & Title
- Lead's Name & Title, if different than HEERA manager
2. Recruitment Request Form
Section A of this form must be completed. Since this is a new position in your unit/area, indicate N/A in the “Replacing” section. In the “Employment Status” section, check the Temporary box. In the “Qualifications & Requirements” section, summarize the information in # 17 from the position description.
Section B of this form requires approval signatures. The Department Chair or Supervisor and Dean or Department Head signatures must be obtained before submission to the Provost’s office. If the Chair or Supervisor and the Dean or Department Head is the same individual, please have that person sign in both boxes.
3. Position Description
Include a final version of the position description which has been reviewed by Sandra Bufalini, Manager, Employment/Compensation. The Provost’s office will verify the following items on the position description:
- Box #2 is left blank
- An individual’s name is included in both #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, indicate the person’s name in both boxes.
- #26 & #27 is signed by the individual listed in #8 & #9
- If the individual is the same person, please have them sign on both lines.
4. Organizational Chart
Include your current organizational chart, which must indicate current administrators and staff personnel within the unit/area. Also include this new position in your organizational chart.
For questions about the information requested above, please contact Mahiha Choudhury, Employment, Compensation & Classification Analyst, at ext. 4528 or email@example.com.