EARLY START EXEMPTIONS
Who is Exempt from the Early Start Program for Summer 2015?
- Students who have met the exemption requirements through various Math and English test scores.
- International students
- Students who are residents of states other than California
- Students who have an approved exemption petition by CPP Early Start. To obtain an ESP Exemption Petition form please click the following link:
- EARLY START EXEMPTION PETITION FORM (PDF)
- NOTE: Exemption Petitions are not a guaranteed exemption, each petition is reviewed by several committee members on the merits of the supporting documentation and reason for seeking exemption. Petitions are reviewed by committee on a weekly basis.
I didn't do well on the EPT/ELM. Can I take it again?
- You can take the English Placement Test (EPT) only once.
- You can take the Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM) more than once, and the highest score will determine your EO 665 status. If you repeat the ELM, the campus must receive your latest score before the first day of classes.
What is my Mathematics Remediation status
|Subject Area||EAP Status||SAT Score||ACT Score||ELM Score||Early Start Required|
|MATH||Exempt: Ready for College Level Mathematics course||
550 or Above
23 or Above
|50 & Above||NO|
|MATH||Not Exempt: Not ready for College level Mathematics course||
480 or Lower
19 or Lower
|48 & Below||YES|
- A score of 550 or higher on the mathematics section of the SAT or the SAT I: Reasoning Test, or the Level I, IC, IIC of the College Board Mathematics Achievement Test, or the SAT II: Mathematics Test.
- A score of 23 or higher on the math portion of the ACT, taken 10/89 or later.
- A score of 3 or higher on the AP AB or AP BC Calculus exams.
- A score of 3 or higher on the AP Statistics exam.
- A grade of C or better in an approved GE math class from a two year or four year institution.
- An EAP Math Status of Exempt on the Augmented Math CST taken in grade 11.
- An EAP Math Status of Conditionally Exempt on the Augmented Math CST taken in grade 11 and an approved course in grade 12 completed with a grade of C or better.
What is my English Remediation status?
|Subject Area||EAP Status||SAT Score||ACT Score||EPT Score||Early Start Required|
|ENGLISH||Exempt: Ready for College Level English course||500 or Above||22 or Above||147 or Above||NO|
|ENGLISH||Not Exempt: Not ready for College level English course||450 or Lower||18 or Lower||146 & Below||YES|
- A score of 500 or higher on the critical reading section of the SAT Reasoning Test.
- A score of 22 or higher on the ACT English Test.
- A score of 3 or higher on the AP Language and Composition or Literature and Composition exams.
- A grade of C or better in an approved English Composition class from a two year or four year institution.
- An EAP English Status of Exempt on the Augmented English CST taken in grade 11.