Early Start Program, Summer 2015
A Message from the Office of Academic Programs
We are glad that you have chosen to pursue your college education with Cal Poly Pomona.
You have most likely been directed to the Early Start Program page because you have been identified as not having satisfied the proficiency requirements in English and /or Mathematics. Per the requirements of CSU Executive Order 1048, participation in the Early Start program is mandatory for such incoming students.
Important: Failure to enroll for the Summer Quarter of 2015 may result in disenrollment for students who do not have an approved exemption on file by August 1, 2015. Students who fail to enroll and do not have an approved exemption on file will not be able to register for any courses for Fall Quarter 2015.
EO1048 is an Executive Order issued by the Chancellor’s Office of the California State University System requiring Early Start or "summer school" for incoming freshman students who do not demonstrate readiness for college level Math and/or English courses. You may read the full CSU Policy on Remediation, by clicking on the following link: EO1048
EARLY START MUST KNOWS!
- The Early Start Financial Aid Waiver only covers tuition cost (Books and Housing are not covered)
- The first Early Start English (ESE 5, this course is entirely online) and Early Start Math (ESM 10, 11,or 12) courses begins June 22, 2015.
- June 17, 2015 is the last day to register and pay for courses beginning June 22, 2015.
- Destination Students are students who will be attending Cal Poly Pomona in the Fall. Service Students are those who will return to their home campus for the fall.
- Questions and concerns over the FEES and PAYMENTS must be directed to the Student Accounting and Cashiering Services Department.
- Class Schedules, room location, and instructors name can be located through your student center on BroncoDirect.
- Central Campus Map (PDF)