Early Start Program, Summer 2016
A Message from the Office of Academic Programs
We are glad that you have chosen to pursue your college education with Cal Poly Pomona.
You have most likely been directed to the Early Start Program page because you have been identified as not having satisfied the proficiency requirements in English and /or Mathematics. Per the requirements of CSU Executive Order 1048, participation in the Early Start program is mandatory.
Important Notice: Students who fail to enroll for their Early Start Program courses during the Summer quarter of 2016 will be unable to enroll in any Fall 2016 courses.
EO1048 is an Executive Order issued by the Chancellor’s Office of the California State University System requiring Early Start or "summer school" for incoming freshman students who do not demonstrate readiness for college level Math and/or English courses. You may read the full CSU Policy on Remediation, by clicking on the following link: EO1048
IMPORTANT EARLY START UPDATES!
- The Early Start Financial Aid Waiver only covers tuition cost (Books and Housing are not covered)
- The second Early Start English ESE 5 online course begins July 11, 2016.
- The next group of Early Start Math ESM 11 and ESM 12 lecture courses begin July 27, 2016.
- July 25, 2016 is the last day to register and pay for courses beginning July 27, 2016.
- Destination Students are students who will be attending Cal Poly Pomona in the Fall. Service Students are those who will return to their home campus for the fall.