Financial Aid Waivers
- Waivers are available to cover the cost of Early Start approved courses. To be considered for an Early Start waiver you must complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA and have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of 5000 or less. The tuition/fee waiver will be applied to Early Start summer program courses only.
Cal Poly Pomona Summer Grant
- Students who qualify for financial aid but are not eligible for the tuition fee waiver may qualify for the Cal Poly Pomona Summer Grant to pay for full fees. To be considered for a Cal Poly Summer Grant, students must submit a 2015-2016 FAFSA application and enroll in at least 4 units of remedial math or English.
- For additional aid (e.g. housing, books) students are encouraged to complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA by May 1, 2015.
IMPORTANT: Fees for the summer quarter are based on the number of units in which you enroll. Summer Early Start fees are discounted from regular quarterly rates, making it very cost effective. Fees are subject to change based on fee increase approval.
List of Early Start Summer 2015 fees
|UNITS||COURSE FEES||SUBTOTAL (UNITS * COURSE FEES)||STUDENT UNION & HEALTH FACILITIES FEE||TOTAL|
Parking Information for Summer 2015
- Valid parking permits must be displayed by all vehicles 7 days a week. Under state law, all parking on campuses us subject to the payment of a fee. Authority for parking enforcement is specified in the California Vehicle Code, section 21113a. All California Vehicle Code sections apply on campus.
- Students may purchase a parking permit, by visiting BroncoDirect or in person at the Student Accounting & Cashiering Services office located in Building 98-B1-123
For more information regarding Summer Parking Permit rates, please visit: www.cpp.edu/~parking/
(Click & Scroll to view Fee & Financial Aid FAQS)
Note: Summer course fees will not appear on your BroncoDirect account for payment until May 12, 2015.
You have four options:
- Master Card, American Express, Discover, electronic check (echecks) using Bronco Direct. Visa will NOT be accepted.
- US Mail
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, California 91768
Attention: Student Accounting & Cashiering Services
Payable to: Cal Poly Pomona, and be sure to write your Bronco Number on the check.
- Secured payment Drop Box located outside of the University Cashiers Office on the first floor of building 98 (Please DO NOT enclose cash). Student Accounting & Cashiering Services for cash and check payments during general business hours (Monday through Friday --- 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Summer 2015 hours: Cal Poly Pomona will be open from Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm, with special observances of the regular work week during the summer.
- Go to http://www.cpp.edu/; click on Bronco Direct; log in using your BroncoName and password; click on “student home page”; click on “make payment” -- this will take you to a CASHnet site (please allow pop-up windows), and follow the instructions.
- You can view your account on BroncoDirect on or after May 13th, 2015. Go to http://www.cpp.edu/; click on BroncoDirect; log in using your BroncoName and password; click on “student home page”; click on “account inquiry”, and your outstanding balance will show under account summary.
- Your fees deadline will be posted on your Bronco Direct page. Information about fee payment is available on the web by clicking on Cashier Services at www.cpp.edu/~student-accounting/dates/
- Contact your Early Start Coordinator via email
- Refunds for Early Start classes are only given prior to the start of classes. Due to the short duration of Early Start classes, the classes are not eligible for prorated refunds.
FINANCIAL AID FAQ’s
- Yes, if you qualify.
- You apply for summer aid by submitting your 2014-2015 FAFSA application no later than May 30, 2015.
- You will need to enroll in at least 6 units and have filed a FAFSA application for 2014-2015.
- An eligible student may receive Pell Grant with 1 or more units.
- The deadline to submit your 2014-2015 FAFSA application is no later than May 30th, 2015.
- If you submit your 2014-2015 FAFSA after the May 30th , 2015 deadline. We cannot guarantee a summer financial aid award package.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships for additional information at
909-869-3700 or visit: www.cpp.edu/~financial-aid/