MATH AND ENGLISH TEST SCORES AND PLACEMENT
MATH PLACEMENT (ELM)
Your test score determines the number and level of math preparatory courses you are required to take. Students who score between 0-48 in the ELM exam are required to participate in the Summer Early Start Program by enrolling in appropriate course level. You must enroll in the course listed under Early Start (Summer), if more than one class is listed,you will continue your remediation under EO 665 after the Early Start Summer Program.
- Once you have completed the class(es) successfully, you must then take the following courses in the next quarter(s) or next session.
- All preparatory coursework must be completed within four quarters. If you enroll in your first math preparatory class in Summer 2015, you have five quarters to complete your preparatory coursework.
|ELM SCORE RANGE||EARLY START (SUMMER)||FALL||WINTER||SPRING|
|0 to 26||ESM 10||MATH 11||MATH 12||See Major Requirements|
|28 to 40||ESM 11||MATH 12||See Major Requirements||See Major Requirements|
|42 to 48||ESM 12||See Major Requirements||See Major Requirements||See Major Requirements|
|50 & Above||EXEMPT from Early Start||MATH 191, MATH 194, or SAT 120||See Major Requirements||See Major Requirements|
ENGLISH PLACEMENT (EPT)
Your test score determines the number and level of English preparatory courses you are required to take. Students who score less than 147 in the EPT exam are required to participate in the Summer Early Start Program by enrolling in the English Writing Workshop (ESE 05) 1.5 unit course.
EPT SCORE RANGE
EARLY START (SUMMER)
Less than 147
- ESE 05 courses are 2 week 1.5 unit online workshops designed as Direct Self-Placement (DSP) for student who will be attending Cal Poly Pomona in the Fall 2014 quarter. Course instructors will contact the student 2 to 3 days prior to the start of the course via their campus email to provide a syllabus.
- For more information on DSP and Cal Poly Pomona’s stretch program go to www.cpp.edu/~efl
- For students whose EPT score is 147+ please visit the self-placement survey site designed to assist students through their Direct Self-Placement (DSP) process.
- All preparatory coursework must be completed within four quarters. If you enroll in your first English preparatory class in Summer 2015, you have five quarters to complete your preparatory coursework.
For additional information,
English and Foreign Languages Department,