After You've Applied
Next Steps for the International Admissions Process (Freshmen)
Send your official ACT/SAT test scores (if required or requested) to the Office of Admission and Enrollment by January 31.
- Send your initial official transcripts and/or supporting documents for all courses you have already completed as soon as this information is requested on the To Do List on BroncoDirect.
- Do not send additional information unless it is requested on the To-Do List summary on BroncoDirect.
- Successfully complete all applicable admission requirements by the end of your senior year. All CSU subject matter requirements (the 15-unit A-G approved course pattern) must be completed, in progress, or planned to be completed with a C grade or better before high school graduation and may not be completed during the summer term immediately preceding fall enrollment.
- Take TOEFL or IELTS exams (if required). You are only required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exams if:
- You have NOT attended school for the last three full years, full-time, where English is the principle language of instruction.
Next steps for the international enrollment process
- Submit your $150 non-refundable Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) online through BroncoDirect no later than May 1.
- Paying your ECD early will provide you:
- The best selection of orientation dates to meet your personal schedule.
- First choice in the residence halls
- Paying your ECD early will provide you:
- Register for the Mandatory University Orientation program after paying your ECD.
- The last day to register or pay for orientation is June 1.
- Apply for housing and pay the initial housing payment, if required, no later than May 1.
- Refer to University Housing Services to determine if the mandatory housing requirement applies to you.
- If you are required to apply for housing but wish to request an exemption, submit the exemption request no later than April 15 at Housing StudentWeb.
- Apply for housing, if required or desired.
- Pay the initial housing payment no later than May 1.
- Submit the documents required for the issuance of your I-20 as soon as possible, but no later than July 15:
- Upon admission, you may submit an online I-20 eRequest. You will be asked to upload the following:
- If you currently attend a U.S. School, request in writing, to your current school’s International Center to transfer your SEVIS record to the Cal Poly Pomona International Center.
- Please do so no later than the end of the last term that you are enrolled at your current school. This process may take up to three weeks.
- Cal Poly Pomona’s SEVIS school code is LOS214F00334000.
- Failure to inform your previous school of your intent to transfer could cause your SEVIS record to “complete” or be “terminated” by your previous school, which would require reinstatement by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- If you plan to travel before your first term at Cal Poly Pomona, failure to re-enter the United States with your Cal Poly Pomona I-20 would also create a visa status problem.
- Submit to the International Center no later than July 15:
- Attend all required orientation programs.
- Mandatory University Orientation and SUCCESS 101 will take place in September for all Freshmen international students (dates to be determined). This orientation will address the process for maintaining your F-1 visa status, work authorization, an overview of US classroom and CPP culture, how to get involved on campus, mandatory health insurance and important university policies. Please contact Orientation Services at 909-869-3604 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be registered for this program. The last day to register is June 1.
- Submit your TOEFL or IELTS scores by July 15 (if requested).
- Submit proof of measles and rubella immunizations to Student Health Services no later than July 15.
- A registration hold (preventing course registration) will be placed on your record beginning with your second term at Cal Poly Pomona if immunization documentation is not provided and verified.
- Submit your final official transcript/s no later than July 15.
- Ask your high school to send your final transcript at the end of your spring term and submit by the July 15 deadline.
- Send any Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) scores (if applicable).
All fees may be paid online through BroncoDirect. If you cannot pay the required fees online, you may mail a check or money order payable to Cal Poly Pomona. Include your Bronco ID number on your check or money order.
Cal Poly Pomona, Cashier’s Office
3801 W. Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768