Skip To Main Content

Requirements & Eligibility Index

Admission Requirements for International Freshmen

Freshmen applicants must meet the minimum California State University eligibility requirements listed below as the first step in being considered for admission.  If you meet the minimum CSU requirements, then Cal Poly Pomona will consider your application using supplemental criteria that are dependent upon the academic major you have chosen.

As an international applicant, you must:

  1. Meet CSU eligibility requirements, see below.
  2. Meet all testing requirements.
  3. Obtain a F-1 student visa (required after admitted not an admissions requirement).
  4. Complete and submit the I-20 request form (PDF) along with bank statement, letter or financial guarantee.
  5. Submit proof of measles and rubella immunization (PDF).
  6. Provide a copy of your passport.

Minimum CSU eligibility requirements

As a Freshmen applicant, you must:

  1. Graduate from high school by the end of the spring term before fall enrollment.

  2. Have completed each of the following courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirements with a grade of C or higher before high school graduation. 
  3. Complete and submit your ACT or SAT scores as early as possible but no later than January 31 (International Freshmen applicants from US high schools).  International freshmen applicants from schools outside of the United States are exempt from the SAT/ACT test requirements, with the exception of those applying to an Impacted Majors. If you are currently living outside the United States, test availability may vary. Please plan in advance so that you can meet all Cal Poly Pomona deadlines.  For more information on international testing dates, go to International SAT or International ACT.

    Your Self-Reported Eligibility Index:

    (Math + Critical Reading)

Testing Requirements

Applicant must demonstrate appropriate proficiency in English. If you have not completed at least three years of full-time enrollment at a secondary school where the principal language of instruction is English, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Accept international not institutional. See Testing Requirements for additional information. Required scores are:

If you attended a foreign high school and the primary language of instruction is English, you may be waived from the TOEFL/IELTS. You must send proof from a school official to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Planning.