After You've Applied
Next Steps for the International Admissions Process (Transfers)
- Send your initial official transcripts and/or supporting documents as soon as this information is requested on your To Do List on BroncoDirect Link.
- Successfully complete all applicable admission requirements for your major. Make sure you will have completed the required 60 semester transferable units with a GPA of 2.0 or higher by the end of the Spring term. This includes successful completion (C grade or better) of English Composition, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning (Math) courses. If you have applied to an impacted program/major, the term you must complete the requirements may be earlier. Please check the Impacted majors webpage.
- Do not send information unless it is requested on your To Do List on BroncoDirect.
- Take TOEFL or IELTS exams (if requested on your) To-Do List on BroncoDirect.
Next Steps for the International Enrollment Process
- Submit initial transcripts (if requested) of all coursework taken to date by the due date indicated on your BroncoDirect To Do list.
- Submit your $150 non-refundable Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) online through BroncoDirect no later than May 1.
- Register for the Mandatory University Transfer Orientation Program after paying your ECD.
- The last day to register or pay for orientation is June 1.
- Submit the documents required for the issuance of your I-20 as soon as possible, but no later than July 15:
- Upon admission, you may submit an online I-20 eRequest. You will be asked to upload the following:
- If you currently attend a U.S. School, request in writing, to your current school’s International Center to transfer your SEVIS record to the Cal Poly Pomona International Center if already in the United States.
- Please do so no later than the end of your last term at your current school. This process may take up to 3 weeks.
- Cal Poly Pomona’s SEVIS school code is LOS214F00334000.
- Failure to inform your previous school of your intent to transfer could cause your SEVIS record to “complete” or be “terminated” by your previous school, which would require reinstatement by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- If you plan to travel before your first term at Cal Poly Pomona, failure to re-enter the U.S. with your Cal Poly Pomona I-20 would also create a visa status problem.
- Attend all required Orientation programs.
- Mandatory University Transfer Orientation will take place in June - August and session dates are based on your major. Register for and pay for orientation fee online via BroncoDirect immediately after you pay your ECD to facilitate your early enrollment in classes for the Fall 2017. The last day to register for orientation is June 1. If you anticipate being out of the country from June – September, contact Orientation Services immediately.
- Mandatory International Student Orientation (Success 101) will take place one week before the start of the Fall term. This International Orientation will address important regulations for maintaining your F-1 visa status, an overview of US classroom and CPP culture, how to get involved, university policies and mandatory health insurance coverage. The International Center will notify you as to the exact date and time of your specific International Orientation date and how to register.
- Submit your final official transcript/s (must be received by June 30).
- Request your community college to send your final transcript at the conclusion of your Spring term. Your transcript must be received by the June 30 deadline.
- Send your AP/IB scores to the Office of Admissions and Outreach by the July 15 deadline. Early receipt of your final transcript and AP scores will facilitate your enrollment in classes during Orientation
- Submit your TOEFL or IELTS scores by July 15 (only if requested) on your Checklist in Bronco Direct.
- Transfer students from California Community Colleges may have this waved, upon receipt of your final college transcript and completion of your Golden 4 requirments witha a grade "C" or better.
- Submit Proof of Measles and Rubella immunizations to Student Health Services no later than July 15
- A registration hold (preventing course registration) will be placed on your record beginning with your 2nd term at Cal Poly Pomona if documentation is not provided and verified.
All fees may be paid online through BroncoDirect. If you cannot pay the required fees online, you may mail a check or money order payable to Cal Poly Pomona. Include your Bronco ID number on your check or money order.
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 W. Temple Avenue,
Pomona, CA 91768, United States of America.
Cal Poly Pomona Operator