Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Admission Requirements for International Transfers
Applicants must meet the minimum California State University eligibility requirements listed below. If you applied to an impacted major, you must also complete the supplemental criteria.
- Meet all CSU eligibility requirements, see below.
- Meet all testing requirements.
- Obtain an F-1 visa.
- Complete and submit the I-20 request form (PDF) along with bank statement, letter or financial guarantee.
- Submit proof of measles and rubella immunization.
Minimum CSU eligibility requirements
Cal Poly Pomona requires all transfer students to complete the following requirements *prior to transferring:
- Must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Must have a minimum 2.00 GPA in transferable coursework.
- Must have at least 60 total transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Of the 60 semester units, 30 semester (or 45 quarter) units must be in General Education.
- The "Golden Four" courses completed with a C or better in the following GE categories:
*Please note that all requirements must be completed by Spring for a Fall entry.
If you are attending a California Community College refer to Assist.org to ensure courses satisfy the Golden Four. International applicants transferring from a college outside of California can refer to TES to determine if coursework will satisfy the Golden Four requirements or consult a Non-Resident Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning.
Testing Requirements - TOEFL/IELTS
Satisfactory completion of the Golden Four, by the end of the Spring term for Fall admissions, will waive TOEFL or IELTS exam. Students studying outside the US, where English is not the principal language of instruction will be required to meet TOEFL or IELTS minimum score.
Please Note: TOEFL waivers will be completed with processing final official transcripts.