Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Admission Requirements for International Transfers
As a transfer applicant, you must meet the minimum California State University eligibility requirements listed below as the first step in being considered for admission. If you meet the requirements, Cal Poly Pomona will consider your application using supplemental criteria that are dependent upon the academic major you have chosen.
As an international applicant, you must:
- Meet all CSU eligibility requirements, see below.
- Meet all testing requirements.
- Obtain an F-1 visa.
- Complete and submit the I-20 request form (PDF) along with bank statement, letter or financial guarantee.
- Submit proof of measles and rubella immunization.
- Provide a copy of your passport.
Minimum CSU eligibility requirements
Cal Poly Pomona requires all transfer students to complete the following requirements *prior to transferring:
- Must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Must have a minimum 2.00 GPA in transferable coursework.
- Must have at least 60 total transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Of the 60 semester units, 30 semester (or 45 quarter) units must be in General Education.
- The "Golden Four" courses completed with a C or better in the following GE categories:
*Please note that all requirements must be completed by Spring for a Fall entry and by Summer for a Winter entry.
If you are attending a California Community College you may consult with a counselor either at your community college or Cal Poly Pomona to determine which courses satisfy the Golden Four. Students transferring from outside of the state of California should communicate with Cal Poly Pomona Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning to determine how to satisfy the Golden Four requirements.
Testing Requirements - TOEFL/IELTS
Demonstrate appropriate proficiency in English. If you have not completed at least three years of full-time enrollment at a secondary school where the principal language of instruction is English, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This language proficiency requirement may be waived upon completing English composition, critical thinking and oral communication with a grade of "C" or better from a U.S. institution. Required TOEFL or IELTS scores are:
Advance Placement (AP) & International Baccalaureate (IB) Exam Credit
Cal Poly Pomona grants credit toward graduation for successful completion of examinations of the Advanced Placement (AP) & International Baccalaureate (IB). Students who present scores of three or better on the Advanced Placement (AP) exam will receive college credit. Students who present scores of four or better on the International Baccalaureate (IB) exam will receive college credit.
For specific information on Advanced Placement & International Baccalaureate credit.