After You're Admitted
Next steps for the freshman admission process
- Send your official ACT/SAT test scores to the Office of Admissions and Outreach. Scores must be received by January 31.
- Complete all applicable admission requirements by the end of your senior year. All CSU subject matter requirements (the 15-unit A-G approved course pattern) must be completed, in progress, or planned to be completed with a C grade or better before high school graduation. These requirements may not be completed during the summer term immediately preceding fall enrollment.
- Do not send any information to the Office of Admissions and Outreach unless it is requested on your To Do List on BroncoDirect to avoid a delay in processing your application.
Next steps for the enrollment proccess
- Submit initial transcripts (if requested) of all coursework taken to date by the due date indicated on your BroncoDirect To Do list.
- Apply for financial aid using the FAFSA no later than March 2.
- Determine whether you are required to take the EPT and/or ELM tests. Go to English Placement Test (EPT) or Entry Level Math (ELM) for more information.
- If required, register for and take the EPT and/or ELM exams as early as possible, no later than May 2.
- Below are the 2014 test and registration dates for Cal Poly Pomona. You may also take the test at any other CSU campus.
- Register by January 30 for the February 14 tests
- Register by March 6 for the March 21 tests
- Register by March 20 for the April 4 tests
- Register by April 17 for the May 2 tests
- If you are conditionally exempt form the EPT and/or ELM because of your enrollment in the required senior experience, we strongly recommend that you still take the EPT and/or ELM test.
- Register online through the Test Center at online registration.
- Request that your EPT/ELM scores be sent to Cal Poly Pomona (code is 4082) two to three weeks before the exam date.
- If required, register for the Summer Early Start Program for preparatory math and/or English courses beginning March 15.
- Determine whether you are required to register for the Early Start Program.
- Sign up on the Early Start Smart Page for the Summer Early Start Program offered at either Cal Poly Pomona or another CSU campus. We recommend that you complete this by April 19.
- Register for and complete the required Summer Early Start course. When possible we recommend that you enroll in your Early Start Program at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Submit your non-refundable Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) online through BroncoDirect no later than May 1.
- Paying your ECD early will provide you:
- The best selection of orientation dates to meet your personal schedule.
- First choice in the residence halls.
- Paying your ECD early will provide you:
- Register for the mandatory Orientation program after paying your ECD.
- The last day to register or pay for orientation is June 1.
- Apply for housing and pay the initial housing payment, if required, no later than May 1.
- Refer to the University Housing Services page to determine whether the mandatory housing requirement applies to you.
- If you are required to apply for housing but wish to request an exemption, submit the exemption request no later than April 15 at the Housing StudentWeb.
- Apply for housing, if required or desired.
- Pay the initial housing payment no later than May 1.
- Submit your final official high school transcript and any AP/IB scores no later than July 15.
- Ask your high school to send your final transcript (with graduation date) well in advance of your graduation and the July 15 deadline.
- Send your AP/IB scores to the Office of Admissions and Outreach. Early receipt of your final transcript and AP scores will facilitate your enrollment in classes during orientation
*PLEASE NOTE: All fees may be paid online through BroncoDirect. If you cannot pay the required fees online, you may mail a check or money order payable to Cal Poly Pomona. Include your BroncoID number on your check or money order.
Mail to:Cal Poly Pomona, Cashier’s Office
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768
We strongly recommend that you complete all these requirements as early as possible but no later than the following deadlines
Quick view of important deadlines
- Deadline to register for the February 8 EPT and/or ELM exams(s), if required.
- Deadline for Cal Poly Pomona’s Office of Admissions and Outreach to receive your official SAT or ACT scores.
- Deadline to submit the Educational Opportunity Program Application.
- Deadline to register for the March 15 EPT and/or ELM exams, if required.
- Deadline to apply for financial aid using the FAFSA.
- Deadline to apply for Cal Poly Pomona scholarships.
- Deadline to register for the April 5 EPT and/or ELM exams, if required.
- Deadline to apply for a Housing Exemption.
- Deadline to register for the last EPT and/or ELM exams to be held on May 3 for students planning to enroll at Cal Poly Pomona in Fall 2014, if required.
- Deadline to submit your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD).
- Deadline to apply for housing and pay the initial housing payment
- Last day to take the EPT and/or the ELM exams for students planning to enroll at Cal Poly Pomona in Fall 2014, if required.
- If enrolled in a Senior Year Experience (EAP), successfully complete this by the end of your senior year.
- Priority deadline to register for the Mandatory orientation program.
- Deadline to pay your Orientation fee.
- Deadline to submit your final official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Outreach.
All phone numbers are in the area code (909)
|Admissions and Outreach||869-5299|
|Early Start Program||869-3816|
|Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)||869-3360|
|Financial Aid and Scholarships||869-3700|
|University Housing Services||869-3307|
|Veterans Resource Center||869-2782|