Admission Requirements & Deadlines
As a transfer applicant, you must meet the minimum California State University eligibility requirements listed below as the first step in being considered for admission. Additional criteria may be used for certain majors.
Cal Poly Pomona requires all transfer students to complete the following requirements *prior to transferring:
- Must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Must have a minimum 2.00 GPA in transferable coursework.
- Must have at least 60 total transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Of the 60 semester units, 30 semester (or 45 quarter) units must be in General Education.
- The "Golden Four" courses completed with a C or better in the following GE categories:
- Oral Communication Courses such as Public Speaking, Speech, and Interpersonal Communication are approved.
- English Composition Typically the first course in a first-year composition series, courses such as Freshman Composition, College Writing, or College Composition are approved.
- Critical Thinking Courses such as Advanced Composition & Critical Thinking, Critical Thinking, Logic, Logic and Reasoning, and Argumentation are approved.
- College-level Mathematics Courses such as College Algebra and Statistics as well as higher-level math courses are approved. Please note that Beginning Algebra and Intermediate Algebra are not considered transferable courses and cannot be used to satisfy this requirement.
*Please note that all requirements must be completed by Spring for a Fall entry and by Summer for a Winter entry.
If you are attending a California Community College you may consult with a counselor either at your community college or Cal Poly Pomona to determine which courses satisfy the Golden Four. Students transferring from outside of the state of California should communicate with Cal Poly Pomona Office of Admissions & Outreach to determine how to satisfy the Golden Four requirements.
Students applying to impacted majors may have to complete additional coursework in order to be eligible for admission. To find out more about theses Impacted Programs for admission purposes please visit our Impacted Majors page.
Cal Poly Pomona welcomes applicants from across the US and globe! Those applying from the western United States have an additional opportunity for non-resident tuition reduction. The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Program allows qualified students throughout the western United States (and select US territories) to enroll at a reduced tuition rate while seeking their first undergraduate degree. For more information on requirements and selection, visit our WUE webpage.
College Board Advance Placement (AP) Examination Credit
Cal Poly Pomona grants credit toward graduation for successful completion of examinations of the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board. Students who present scores of three or better will receive college credit.
AP credit may also be used to satisfy the following Golden Four requirements, if qualifying scores have been obtained on the AP exam:
- English Composition
- College-level Mathematics
Please note official AP scores must be sent to the Office of Admissions and Outreach.
Application Deadlines for Transfer Applicants
|Term||Application Filing Period||Last Day to make Changes to Application|
|Fall 2016||October 1 - November 30||December 15, 2015|
|Winter 2017||June 1 - June 30||July 15, 2016|