Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students
As a transfer applicant, you must meet the minimum California State University eligibility requirements listed below as the first step in being considered for admission. If you meet the CSU requirements, Cal Poly Pomona will consider your application using supplemental criteria that are dependent upon the academic major you have chosen.
NOTE: We are currently not accepting applications from Lower-Division Transfers - applicants who have completed less than 60 semester transferable college units (90 quarter units).
Minimum CSU eligibility requirements
If you have completed 60 or more transferable semester college units (90 quarter units) prior to transfer, you are considered an upper-division transfer student. To qualify for admissions, you must:
- Have a college grade point average of 2.0 or better in all transferable units attempted
- Be in good standing at the last college or university you attended.
- Complete prior to transfer at least 30 semester units (45 quarter units) of general education (GE) requirements with a grade of "C" or better. The 30 semester units must include English composition, oral communication, critical thinking and college-level mathematics.
- Complete all 60 transferable semester college units (to include the Golden four courses of English composition, oral communication, critical thinking and college-level mathematics) by the end of the previous spring for fall quarter admissions or the end of the previous summer for winter quarter admissions.
Supplemental eligibility requirements
California State University designates majors as impacted when more applications are received in the initial filing period from CSU eligible applicants than can be accommodated by the campus.
Cal Poly Pomona's impacted majors are:
College of Agriculture
- Animal Health Science
- Animal Science
College of Business Administration
- Management & Human Resources
College of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
College of Environmental Design
College of Letters, Arts, & Social Sciences
- Music - Music Industry Studies
College of Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Biology
- Kinesiology - Exercise Science
- Kinesiology - Health Promotion
Go to Impacted Majors to find out supplementary criteria for each program. The CSU will announce during the fall filing period those majors that are impacted and the supplementary criteria campuses will use. That announcement will be published in the CSU Review, which is distributed to high school and community college counselors. Information about the supplementary criteria is also sent to impacted major applicants.
All applicants who apply to an impacted major at Cal Poly Pomona are encouraged to identify a second choice major on their admission application.
College Board Advance Placement (AP) Examination Credit
Cal Poly Pomona grants credit toward graduation for successful completion of examinations of the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board. Students who present scores of three or better will be granted up to 6 semester units (9 quarter units) of college credit. Scores must be four or better for Biology, Computer Science, Economics and Physics.
For specific information on Advanced Placement credit Click here
Important Deadlines for Transfer Applicants
Applicants may be provisionally admitted based on academic preparation and courses planned for completion. All accepted applicants are required to submit an official transcript of all college level work completed.
|Term||Application Initial Filing Period||Initial Documents Deadline||Final Documents Deadline||SIR/ECD|
|Fall||Oct. 1 - Nov. 30||Please check BroncoDirect||July 15||May 1|