Welcome Future Bronco!
Next Steps On Becoming a Bronco...
Aside from reaffirming your own achievements, your admission will allow you to embark on one of the most interesting and stimulating experiences of your life. Being admitted to Cal Poly Pomona is the first step toward becoming a part of a dynamic and diverse body of nearly 25,000 of the best and brightest students in California!
As you consider your options for enrollment in the Fall 2018 year, please take a moment to consider the next steps you will need to take prior to enrolling at Cal Poly Pomona:
For a quick snapshot of your next steps please click here!
Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD)
Freshmen students are required to pay an Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) of $150 in order to accept their admission offer. The admission acceptance and deposit must be received by May 1st. The deposit will be applied to your Tuition Fee for the first semester. The ECD is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
To pay your ECD, click here.
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial Aid & Scholarships
All students must apply or reapply (renew) yearly for financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application that most students need to complete.
To be eligible to file the FAFSA, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be in a degree-seeking program
For students that do not qualify for Federal Aid, please fill out the California Dream Application
To be eligible to file the California Dream Application, students must:
- Not be eligible to file the FAFSA
- Be eligible for AB 540 as determined by the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning
- Be in a degree-seeking program
- Have registered or currently be enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education in California
- May not be non-immigrants holding a valid lettered non-immigrant visa
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Financial Aid & Scholarships Office at (909) 869-3700.
Applying for Housing!
On-campus living supports the academic, personal, and social growth of college students. All first-time freshmen who graduated from a high school outside the local service area are required to complete a housing application and pay the initial housing fee to be eligible to enroll for classes. Due to the high demand for this rewarding experience, room assignments and preferences are not guaranteed, and students are encouraged to apply early.
Click here to learn more about the Freshmen Housing Requirement, as well as the exemption criteria and process.
To apply for housing:
- Submit the University Housing Services Application
- Submit your initial payment of $450 or apply for a deferment
- Regularly check your email for room assignment and waitlist information
- Once assigned, finalize your contract and meal plan
For more information regarding exemptions, College Themed Communities, costs, meal plans, Welcome Week and important deadlines, please visit the University Housing Website!
Attend Freshmen Orientation
We are excited to welcome you to the Bronco family. At Orientation, you will register for classes, learn about important programs and resources, and meet students, faculty, and staff who want to help you succeed! Please note that Orientation is mandatory and a requirement for enrollment.
Orientation registration will open April 18, 2018. Please check our website for updates: Orientation Services.
- Freshman Orientation Program
- Available Dates
- Orientation Program Costs
- Orientation Registration
- Orientation Checklist
- Parent, Family, and Guest Orientation
If you have any questions, please contact Orientation Services at 909-869-3604 or email@example.com.
- Placement Test
Register to take the ALEKS math placement test (if applicable). The ALEKS test is a calculus placement test for select CPP majors. Check your BroncoDirect to-do list to see if you are required to take the test.
- Final Documents
Submit all Final Documents
- Request your final high school transcripts (with graduation date) prior to the July 15th deadline. You can request them electronically through Parchment, SPEEDE, or eTranscript.
- Send your AP scores to the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning through College Board.
Or official transcripts can be mailed to:
Cal Poly Pomona
Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning
3801 W. Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
- Early Start
The goal of the Early Start Program is to provide students with additional academic support in Math and English, and ease the transition into college. Newly admitted freshman students who are reequired to participate in Early Start will be notified in a seperate email communication. To learn more about the Early Start Program visit:
- First Day of School
First Day of School (August 23)
Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona! As you prepare to embark on this journey, we wish you every success in the coming academic year!