Welcome Future Bronco!
Next Steps On Becoming a Bronco...
Aside from reaffirming your own achievements, your admission will allow you to embark on one of the most interesting and stimulating experiences of your life. Being admitted to Cal Poly Pomona is the first step toward becoming a part of a dynamic and diverse body of nearly 25,000 of the best and brightest students in California!
As you consider your options for enrollment in the Fall 2018 year, please take a moment to consider the next steps you will need to take prior to enrolling at Cal Poly Pomona:
For a quick snapshot of your next steps please click here!
Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD)
Freshmen students are required to pay an Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) of $150 in order to accept their admission offer. The admission acceptance and deposit must be received by May 1st. The deposit will be applied to your Tuition Fee for the first semester. The ECD is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
To pay your ECD, click here.
- Request I-20
As an International Student you must obtain an I-20 in order to study in the United States. To receive an I-20 from the International Center, please click the link I-20 eRequest, login with your BroncoName and password. Complete the form and upload the following documents:
- Bank statement, letter from a bank or sponsor, or financial guarantee (statements cannot be older than six (6) months from start date). If you have multiple documents, save all as one uploadable pdf file
- Copy of Passport for students and dependents (if any)
- Request your current school to transfer your SEVIS record to Cal Poly Pomona (LOS214F00334000) ***This step is only for students currently a U.S. school/College.***
- Incomplete applications cannot be submitted.
- After successfully submitting the form, you will receive immediate email confirmation.
- If your application needs additional attachments, you will receive a follow-up email from the International Center.
- Upon final approval of the form, you will receive an email with additional instructions that you must follow to finalize your I-20 Processing.
For more information or estimated costs of attendance click the International Center webpage.
Applying for Housing!
All first-time freshmen who graduated from a high school outside the local service area are required to complete a housing application (student housing license agreement) and pay the initial housing fee to be eligible to enroll for classes. You must be an admitted student to complete a housing application. As an international student, we are pleased to offer you priority consideration for campus housing. Please visit University Housing Services to learn more about your residential halls and suites options. To have priority consideration, you must apply by April 15, 2018. Applications after this deadline will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served, space available basis.
To apply for housing:
- Submit the University Housing Services Application on the StudentWeb using your BroncoUsername and BroncoPassword
- Submit your initial payment of $450 within 10 days of applying for Housing.
- Regularly check your email for room assignment and waitlist information.
- Once assigned, finalize your contract and meal plan.
For more information regarding exemptions, College Themed Communities, costs, meal plans, Welcome Week and important deadlines, please visit the University Housing Website!
Attend International Freshmen Orientation
We are excited to welcome you to the Bronco family. As an international student, you will have two important steps to complete:
International Freshmen from US high schools
- University Orientation - Orientation programs will take place in July/August and session dates are based on your major. You will receive advising and course registration. Orientation registration will open April 18, 2018. The last day to register for orientation is June 1. If you anticipate being out of the country from June – August, contact Orientation Services immediately at email@example.com or 909-869-3604.
- Success 101 - This mandatory International Student Orientation, called Success 101, will take place one week before the start of the Fall term. This program will address important regulations for maintaining your F-1 visa status, work authorization, an overview of US classroom and CPP culture, how to get involved, meet and interact with other students in their same major, university policies and mandatory health insurance coverage. The International Center will notify you as to the exact date and time of your specific International Orientation date and how to register.
International Freshmen from Non-US high schools
Contact Orientation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-869-3604 to make your international freshmen orientation arrangements.
- International Freshmen Orientation – Your orientation will take place on August 16 and will include advising on campus policies as well as regulations to maintaining your F1 visa status.
- Course Registration – The Orientation Services staff will assist with making arrangements for you to have virtual academic advising during the summer so that you may register for fall classes.
You can also learn more here:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Orientation Services at (909) 869-3604 or email@example.com.
- Placement Test
Register to take the ALEKS math placement test (if applicable). The ALEKS test is a calculus placement test for select CPP majors. Check your BroncoDirect to-do list to see if you are required to take the test.
- Final Documents
Submit all Final Documents
- Request your final high school transcripts (with graduation date) prior to the July 15th deadline. You can request them electronically through Parchment, SPEEDE, or eTranscript.
- Send your AP scores to the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning through College Board.
Or official transcripts can be mailed to:
Cal Poly Pomona
Office of Admissions & Enrollment Planning
3801 W. Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
- First Day of School
First Day of School (August 23)
Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona! As you prepare to embark on this journey, we wish you every success in the coming academic year!