Research, Internships, Jobs, Credential Programs, Graduate school
The Career Center (http://www.cpp.edu/~career/) offers multiple services including resume assistance, mock interviews, job and internship search support, and career exploration. These services include:
- Career Assessments: Measure your values, interests, strengths and skills to assist you in choosing a major and career.
- BoncoConnection: An online database for internship and job postings.
- CPU 100: 2 unit course offered Fall, Winter, and Spring for students needing assistance in major and career options/exploration.
- Career Clothes Closet: Free gently used professional clothing for students. Students can drop in to the career center to view the “closet”.
- Resumes: Students can drop-in to the Career Center during specified hours for resume critiques; Resumaniacs also gives students an opportunity to be critiqued by employers in their field.
adsfadsf adsf adsf
The McNair Scholars Program (http://www.cpp.edu/~mcnair/index.shtml) prepares eligible undergraduate students for PhD programs by providing opportunities for undergraduate research, faculty mentorship, as well as workshop and conference experiences. The focus of the program is on first-generation, low-income and/or underrepresented students in order to increase the diversity of faculty at higher education institutions. Students must apply to the program in February to be considered for the following academic year.
The Center for Community Engagement offers the Cooperative Education Program which is for students who want to obtain paid practical work experience while pursuing a degree. Once a student is determined to be eligible the student must enroll in the department’s designated co-op/internship course.