Types of Funding Available
ARI funding allocations are made annually in the following categories:
- Available to qualified CSU faculty through a peer reviewed competitive process
- Requires submission of a preproposal.
- Requires an off-campus collaboration.
- Requests for full proposals will be based on a pre-proposal evaluation and ranking by the Deans’ Council and the Executive Director.
- Funding requests must be for not less than $75,000 and not more than $150,000.
- Must include at a minimum a one-to-one “project related” external match. At least fifty percent (50%) of the minimum required match must be a documented cash match.
- Click here for System Proposal Submission Requirements
- Available to all qualified campus faculty on a peer reviewed competitive basis.
- May be utilized to fund a variety of proposals that address local, regional, or statewide priority issues, including seed grant funding proposals.
- There is no minimum campus proposal funding request limitation. Seed grants for example are typically single-year proposals that request $5,000 to $10,000 and often do not require external match. They are generally used to fund new faculty research start-up projects or innovative research projects that address evolving technology and/or issues of an extraordinarily high priority.
- Funding requests may not exceed $150,000 annually.
- Must include at a minimum a one-to-one external match. External match is generally expected for all campus proposals, and project directors are highly encouraged to aggressively pursue “project-related” external donor funding. At least twenty-five percent (25%) of the minimum required match must be a documented cash match.