In honor of the 75th anniversary of Cal Poly Pomona the College of Agriculture presents the College of Agriculture Garden Club. There are no dues, officers, committees or fundraisers—just gardening fun! If you want to learn more about gardening and mingle with garden lovers alike then bring your lunch and come to our events. We plan to have monthly speakers/field trips October through May.
Our next speaker will be on
Wednesday January 21, 2015
with Dr. Les Young
Good Bugs and Bad Bugs in the Garden
Time: 12:00pm - 12:50pm
Location: Library-4th floor, Special Events Room
Dr. Young, our recently retired College of Ag Dean and Entomologist, will be sharing information on how to manage pests and encourage the good bugs in your garden. Mother Nature does some of her best work through all those “good bugs” so come find out how to make your garden a place they would like to live.
- Check back with us in late January for our February speaker
Who is invited to our monthly events?
All faculty, staff, students, emeriti, and alumni are invited to all our events. We would appreciate an RSVP by e-mail if you think you might be coming but it is not required.
Suggestions and Contact Information
See more about our previous speakers and events on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aggardenclub
- October 11, 2013 with Jo Ann Carey discussing Square Foot Gardening
- November 8, 2013 with Armstrong Garden Center discussing Container Gardening
» Find out how you can make your container garden look as good as theirs.
- December 4, 2013 with Karlene Morris, ASID discussing Bringing Your Outdoors in for Holiday Arrangements
» See the beautiful arrangements our speaker made during the meeting
- January 15, 2014 with John Hiatt, Cal Poly Gardener discussing Rose Care and Pruning
- February 19, 2014 with Dr. Fred Roth, Professor Emeritus discussing Tree Care and Pruning
- March 14, 2014 with Cheryl and Milli, from Table2Garden.net presenting Artistic Designs with Succulents
» Be sure to visit their website at www.table2garden.net
- April 23, 2014 with Dr. Richard Richards, Professor Emeritus on Growing Award Winning Irises
- May 21, 2014 with Alan Moss from Armstrong Garden presenting Waterwise Gardening
- June 18, 2014 with Edward Bobich, Biology Professor presenting The New Mesozoic Garden
- October 13, 2014 with Peggy Perry, Plant Science Professor presenting What Is Your Garden Style?
- November 12, 2014 with John Hiatt from Facilities Landscaping staff presenting The President’s Manor House Gardens
- Wednesday January, 2015 with Dr. Les Young presenting Good Bugs and Bad Bugs in the Garden