Bronco Mentoring Program
The Bronco Mentoring Program is open to all degreed alumni and current Cal Poly Pomona students. The goal of the program is to increase student success by connecting students with alumni who have expertise in their industry, major, or future career.
Students can search for a mentor by industry, employer, major, career, or special interest. The program provides students with valuable insight from alumni who are industry professionals that can relate to the experience of transitioning from Cal Poly Pomona to career.
Student learning and success is an important value at Cal Poly Pomona. Mentoring will help students reach their potential.
"We are deeply committed to educational experiences and supportive services that engage our students, enhance personal well-being and growth, provide career opportunities, and foster ethical citizenship."
Why mentoring works.....
- Increases educational development for students
- Increases/ Improves academic achievement
- Helps students obtain information about graduate school
- Encourages dreams and career aspirations
- Makes students aware of rules and the environment of a certain profession
- Provides support and guidance in career endeavors
- Increases self-esteem
- Enhances student learning and increases school effectiveness
- Improves retention rates