Cal Poly Pomona Time Capsule (Building One)

CPP's first President Julian McPhee (1933-66) and Dr. Emory Morris seal time capsule

In this photo, Cal Poly Pomona’s president Julian McPhee (1933-66) and Dr. Emory Morris, president of the W. K. Kellogg Foundation, place a copper box containing a college catalog, a copy of the Kellogg deed and a local newspaper. The Time Capsule was placed in the cornerstone of Building 1, which at the time was the administration building.

Here is a link to an 1966 interview with McPhee.

In 1996 the capsule was opened and relocated to the CLA Building.