- Students will develop an in-depth understanding in their emphasis through selection of course-
work to satisfy the degree program.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate mathematical ideas by using written and
oral skills, as well as technological tools.
- Students will develop an appreciation for their emphases both as a discipline and as a tool
for solving problems.
- Students will be able to read, analyze and write mathematical proofs.
- Upon graduation successful students will be ready for Ph.D. programs in mathematics, statis-
tics, math education and other related areas -- including post-secondary teaching, industry or