The W. Keith & Janet Kellogg University Art Gallery’s Mission:
The W. Keith & Janet Kellogg Gallery was built by the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation with support from W. Keith and Janet “Jean” Kellogg in 1988. This gift was in the spirit of W. Keith’s grandfather, cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg, who donated his land to the State of California for use by Cal Poly in 1949.
Our exhibition space is approximately 4,000 sq. ft. with an entry courtyard featuring The Gates and Black Marble Columns with Lintel by Italian architect and designer, Ettore Sottsass (1917-2007). This courtyard is a perfect setting for receptions and events. Kellogg Gallery is conveniently located between the Library and the Theater, adjacent to the Bronco Student Center.
Kellogg Gallery utilizes its close proximity to Los Angeles as a resource in presenting timely and engaging exhibitions of Contemporary Art in a variety of contexts. In 2011, we presented our first international show, Persian Visions, a travelling exhibition of recent Iranian photography. Ink & Clay is a widely recognized juried exhibition held here annually since 1971, with support from the James H. Jones Estate and the Office of Cal Poly Pomona President, Dr. J. Michael Ortiz. We also proudly present annual and biannual exhibitions of work by our Art Department Students and Faculty.
Kellogg Gallery is part of the College of Environmental Design, which includes the Departments of Art, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban & Regional Planning and the Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies and the California Center for Land and Water Stewardship.