Contacting your advisor
- International business majors have advisors assigned to them by last name.
- Marketing management majors have advisors assigned to them by career track.
Before you see your advisor:
- Visit the Cal Poly Pomona website and Bronco Compass to see whether you can use online resources to answer your questions.
- Write down the questions you need to ask your advisor or any important points that need to be covered.
- Make sure you know your ID number.
- Create an advising folder that will contain all the paperwork and information you need to have for a successful meeting with your advisor. Your advising folder should include: ,,,,
- An Academic Advising Worksheet (see Student Forms page).
- A copy of your most current unofficial transcript (printed from BroncoDirect).
- Your degree curriculum sheet.
- Your education plan/road map.
Curriculum sheets/road maps
Curriculum sheets list the core and support courses required for a particular major and suggest general education classes that will result in the most efficient path to a degree in that major. Road maps are a quarter-by-quarter plan of the courses required for a particular major and also include reminders and major-specific advice.
College of Business Administration Student Success Center
The Student Success Center (SSC) in Building 164, Room 1060, is designed to help all CBA majors by: (1) providing general academic information, (2) assisting in the completion/processing of various university forms (e.g., general academic petitions, drop petitions), and (3) maintaining a supply of most university petitions and forms. Please visit SSC and find out what services it offers.