Dr. H. Erkan Ozkaya
Dr. Ozkaya earned his Ph.D. in marketing from Michigan State University in 2011 and is currently an assistant professor of international business.
His research interests are International Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Innovation and New Product Development.
Dr. Ozkaya has published in several academic journals including Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS), International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM), and International Business Review (IBR).
Currently, he works as the Technology Assessment Project Coordinator with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC), where he leads student teams from Cal Poly Pomona to assess the global commercialization potential of new NASA discoveries.
Previously, he held marketing coordinator, project manager, and marketing analyst positions where he devised market entry strategies, led market research activities and developed marketing strategies.
Dr. Ozkaya served as the Global Marketing Track Co-Chair, American Marketing Association Educators Conference, Summer 2015, and as the International Marketing Track Co-Chair at the Academy of Marketing Science Conference, May 2012.
He received the "Faculty of the Year Award" twice in May 2014 and May 2015 at the Internaitonal Business and Marketing Department.
Dr. Ozkaya currently teaches International Exporting (IBM 416), Innovation and Commercialization Lab (IBM 400), International Logistics (IBM 429).Principles of Global Business (IBM 300), and International Marketing Management (IBM 414).
- Heinberg, Martin, H. Erkan Ozkaya, Markus Taube, (Forthcoming) “A brand build on sand: Is acquiring a local brand an ill-advised strategy for global companies?” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Ozkaya, H. Erkan, Cornelia Droge, Tomas Hult, Roger Calantone, Elif Ozkaya (2015) “Market Orientation, Market Knowledge Competence, and Innovation”. International Journal of Research in Marketing Available online 13 January 2015, doi:10.1016/j.ijresmar.2014.10.004
- Ozkaya, H. Erkan, Chitra Srivastava, Kalin Kolev, Tomas Hult, Steve Danlquist, Sonia Manjeshwar (2013) “An assessment of hierarchical linear modeling in international business, management, and marketing”. International Business Review, 22(4), 663–677, doi:10.1016/j.ibusrev.2012.10.002
- Ryan, Jason, Sari Silvanto and H. Erkan Ozkaya (Forthcoming) “A contextual, theoretical and empirical analysis of the uses of University Degrees as Symbolic Capital in Self-Initiated Expatriation” European Journal of International Management
- Ozkaya Elif, H. Erkan Ozkaya, Juanita Roxas, Frank Bryant, Debbora Whitson (2015), “Factors Affecting the Usage Rate of QR codes”. Journal of Direct, Data and Digital Marketing Practice 16 (January/March), 209-224, doi:10.1057/dddmp.2015.18
- Whitson, Debbora, H. Erkan Ozkaya, and Juanita Roxas, (2014), Changes in consumer segments and preferences to green labelling. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 38: 458–466. doi: 10.1111/ijcs.12103