Research Talks Series
This slideshow contains 9 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
Dr. Jared Oakley presenting his experience in uisng M-Turk panel in 13th Research Talk, May 29, 2015.
Research Talks series is a research colloquium in which faculty members and students present their most recent works to inform their own research and disseminate discovered knowledge. Since its inception in 2012, Research Talks has been a fun, informal venue to get to hear latest research accompanied by stimulating discussions and, of course, food, in a relaxing, collegial environment. The research can be at a conceptual stage, data analysis stage, a completed manuscript before submission, a conference presentation stage, etc. to get feedback from the creative, innovative, and collegial colleagues. Discussions at the research talks often spur new research and collaboration among faculty members. The faculty members from the related disciplines are encouraged to attend for interdisciplinary interchange of ideas and collaboration.
We would like to thank all the past participants as well as the attendees. Research Talks welcome any behavioral business research topics including, but not limited to, basic or applied research, pedagogical research, innovative teaching case, primary or secondary data, behavioral data, and interdisciplinary research. If you are interested in presenting your research in the future, please contact Dr. Jae Min Jung at email@example.com, who has been organizing the event since its inception.
Research Talk 13 (May 29, 2015); Theme: Innovation
- “Use of Amazon Mechanical Turk for Data Collection,” by Jared Oakley.
- “Proposal for Customer-Centric Approach in Health Care Management: From Type 2 Diabetes Patients’ Perspective,” by Rebeca Barreiro, Janna Esguerra, Ana Huerta, Jae Min Jung, Ashley Lam, and Armand Yerjanian.
- “B2C Communications on Facebook,” by Linchi Kwok (Collins College of Hospitality Management, Cal Poly Pomona).
Research Talk 12 (February 27, 2015)
- “Impact of Information Source and Promotion Characteristics on Consensus of Promotion Evaluations,” by Anthony Kim.
- “The Role of Suspicion in B2B Customer Entertainment” by Jared Oakley.
- “The Potential for the Existence of Dual Emotions in the Buyer-Seller Dyad,” by Jared Oakley.
- “CBA Behavioral Business Research Lab Resources,” by Jae Min Jung.
Research Talk 11 (May 12, 2014)
- “A Model of Consumers’ Retail Store Patronage Intention for Convenience Goods,” by Frank Bryant and Jae Min Jung.
- “Effects of Responsive Apologies on Customer Satisfaction,” Jae Min Jung.
Research Talk 10 (April 7, 2014)
- “Market Knowledge Competence: The Missing Link between Market Orientation and Firm Performance – A Comparison of Firms in U.S. and China,” by Hayri E. Ozkaya.
- “Effect of Information Providers’ Positions in a Social Network on Deal Evaluation,” by Anthony Kim.
Research Talk 9 (Nov. 25, 2013)
- “When is eWOM Important: The Differential Effects of eWOM on Consumer Evaluations of Brand Extensions,” by Jing Hu and Cindy (Xin) Liu.
Research Talk 8 (May. 22, 2013)
- “Managing Categories: Firm positioning and its impact on IPO performance in Nascent Markets,” by Eunice Rhee (University of Southern California).
- “Does The Firm’s Knowledge Help Salespeople Work Hard and Work Smart? Illuminating the Mechanism,” by Hayri E. Ozkaya, Jae Min Jung, and Robert O Fabrize.
Research Talk 7 (Feb. 22, 2013)
- “A model of online shopping engagement process: A multilevel analysis of website visual quality on online engagement,” Hyunjoo Im (University of Minnesota, Twin Cities) and Young Ha (California State University, Long Beach).
- “Learning Effects in South Korean Manufacturing: An Experience Curve Effects Approach,” by Tarique Hossain, Sang Jin Bae (Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Korea), and Sung-Soo Seol (Hannam University, Korea).
Research Talk 6 (Jun 8, 2012)
- “Stock Market Responses to Brand Leverage Strategies” by Xin (Cindy) Liu.
- “Motivations to Participate in Online Communities," by Elif Ozkaya.
Research Talk 5 (May 25, 2012)
- “Effects of Spatial Construal on Retail Price Perception" by Tarique Hossain and Jae Min Jung.
- “Impact of National Culture, Self-Construal, and Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence on Consumer Assertiveness/Aggressiveness,” by Jae Min Jung.
Research Talk 4 (May 11, 2012)
- “Observations on Teaching the Capstone Course in Marketing Strategy,” by Helena Czepiec.
- “Brand Signs: Concrete or Abstract?” by Yoon Yong Hwang (Visiting professor, Chosun University, South Korea).
Research Talk 3 (April 27, 2012)
- “The Effectiveness of Interactive Internet Advertising: A Reversal Theory Perspective,” by Michel Hui and Jae Min Jung.
- “Consumer Reaction toward Secondhand Goods,” by Jing Hu.
Research Talk 2 (April 6, 2012)
- “How Managers Create and Use Innovation Capabilities,” by Hayri E. Ozkaya.
Research Talk 1 (March 9, 2012)
- “Self-Construals and Visual Metaphors in Advertising,” by Jun Myers and Jae Min Jung.