Supporting Student Development
Selected as the 3rd best career right now for college graduates and with an expected 32% growth rate (much faster than average) from 2012 to 2022, the market research industry needs qualified professionals more than ever; yet there are significant shortage of candidates who are properly trained in business programs to carry out market research. Having recognized this gap in business higher education, we are devoted to producing the capable market research professionals highly sought out by market research firms and market research arms of both profit and non-for-profit companies and organizations.
Little known is the fact that our undergraduate Marketing Research is first among U.S. programs, and it is the only undergraduate program in California that trains students specifically career in market research, according to Quirks.com (www.Quirks.com), the most widely visited portal site for market research. In the heart of the curriculum are hands-on project based learning opportunity brought by the CBA Behavioral Business Research Lab, which are company consulting project and independent studies. Further, the BBRL trains students to be able to function effectively as the leaders of the Market Research Club, the only student club in the state of California, receiving spotlights from the industry and attracting frequent guest speakers and internship opportunities. In addition, the BBRL has been giving students intensive training opportunity by offering Research Assistant positions that have been very competitive. In the past, successful applicants had GPA’s ranging from 3.0 to 3.9 with an average of 3.5. Needless to say, we have had an excellent job placement record; all the students who successfully completed the RA assignments and have an interest in pursuing a career in market research have been offered at least one position before graduation. Here are some of the companies that hired our students.
Our Commitment to Students
One of the missions of the CBA Behavioral Business Research Lab is to produce the finest next generation market research professionals by providing students with necessary training. The following are some of the ways in which the BBRL supports the student’s training.
- Cal Poly Pomona Market Research Club
- Internship Program / RA positions
- Conference Attendance
- Holding workshops and independent studies
You Can Be Supporters
As you can see above, training in market research requires significantly more resources than in any other areas of marketing. For example, most entry level jobs require candidates to have a few years of experience in market research. Even for some internship jobs, prior experience is often expected. This necessitates the Research Assistant positions in the BBRL. Our students travel locally and nationally to go to conferences (e.g., MRA and AAPOR) to learn from industry professionals and present their research findings. Indeed, it takes a lot of resources and consorted effort. For this reason, we welcome support from business community as well. There are several ways that businesses can choose to participate in this exciting opportunity at Cal Poly Pomona.
Cash Donations of Any Amount
- Making a Gift by a Mail: You may write a check payable to Cal Poly Pomona Foundation with “Market Research Program Account” under memo section of the check to designate your gift to be used for supporting the cause of the market research program, and mail it to:
Cal Poly Pomona Foundation
3801 W. Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
- Making a Gift Online: You may make a gift online by using the campus’ secure online form, by clicking the Cal Poly Pomona Advancement site. Under the “Additional Information” section toward the bottom of the page, be sure to designate the Market Research Program to receive your gift.
- In-kind donations: You may donate hardware or software or furniture we need.
- Be our clients for your marketing research needs in return for nominal fees.
- Hire our students for internship and/or entry level positions.
For questions regarding any aspect of donations or any type of contribution, please contact: