Student Lounge Recieves Printer Kiosk From Class of 2016
Convenient printing has arrived at the College of Business Administration’s Student Lounge courtesy of the Class of 2016.
More than 400 graduates raised $12,400 to place printing stations at several locations on the Cal Poly Pomona campus for the 2016 Senior Class Gift. The CBA station -- installed October 19, 2016 -- offers black and white printing/copying for 10 cents a page and 55 cents for color with prices subject to change.
In a poll conducted through the school’s social media pages, 109 respondents wanted a printing station at the CBA. The closest runner-up received 19 votes.
Students can log on at the kiosk to pay with a BroncoCard or send jobs directly to the printer from his or her own computer. (Click here for setup information)
The CBA’s Student Lounge, located in building 164, room 1090, is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Here are 10 money-saving tips on using the printing stations compiled by IT@CPP:
- Avoid printing email messages and Web pages.
- If you do print Web pages, turn off graphics to minimize the number of pages. Or, use the “print-friendly” option.
- Edit and proofread papers online before printing (e.g.: use the spell check feature to find spelling and grammatical errors).
- Use “Print Preview” from the File menu to check your document before printing.
- Check margins, printer and page settings prior to printing.
- Print one copy at a time.
- Print only the pages needed in a document.
- Print PowerPoint slides (handouts) six to a page and in black and white only with no background.
- Always protect your password to prevent others from using your account.
- If you send a print job but find an error before releasing the print job, do not release the job. The print job will time out and automatically be deleted in 24 hours.