Zining Yeng, Ph.D.
Dr. Yang received her Ph.D. in Political Economy and Computational and Applied Mathematics from Claremont Graduate University in 2015. She also received Master degree in International Studies from Claremont Graduate University in 2011. Her main teaching interests are statistics, data analysis, and business analytics. Her research areas are political economy, computational modeling and simulation. Her work has appeared in journals such as Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, and New Political Economy.
Selected recent research work:
· Abdollahian, Mark, John Thomas, Zining Yang and Rita Chiang. 2017. “Making Relationships Matter: Director Interlocks and Fortune 500 Performance, 1996-2007.” Advances in Human Factors, Business Management and Society, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 498, 1159-1169.
· Abdollahian, Mark, Zining Yang, and Patrick deWerk Neal. 2017. "How Partial Behavioral Networks Drive Econometric Bias and Inefficiency." Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, 924-928.
· Yang, Zining. 2016. “An Agent-Based Dynamic Model of Politics, Fertility and Economic Development.” Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2016(4), 99-103.
· Yang, Zining, Mark Abdollahian and Patrick deWerk Neal. 2016. “Social Spatial Heterogeneity and System Entrainment in Modeling Human and Nature Dynamics.” Model Design and Simulation Analysis, Communications in Computer and Information Science Series, 646, 1-8.
· Yang, Zining , Hal Nelson and Mark Abdollahian. 2015. “Sustainable Energy Infrastructure Siting: An Agent Based Approach.” Journal of Energy Challenges and Mechanics, (2): 75-84.
· Abdollahian, Mark, Zining Yang, and Patrick Neal. 2014. “Human Development Dynamics: An Agent Based Simulation of Adaptive Heterogeneous Games and Social Systems.” Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, and Prediction: Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), 8393, 3-10.
· Abdollahian, Mark, Zining Yang, Travis Coan and Birol Yesilada. 2013. “Human Development Dynamics: An Agent Based Simulation of Macro Social Systems and Individual Heterogeneous Evolutionary Games.” Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling, 1(1), 1:18.
· Abdollahian, Mark, Jaehoon Lee, Zining Yang and Khaled Eid. 2016. The Future of Korea’s Trade and Business Portfolio in North Africa: A Deep Horizon Political Economy Scan of Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia. Studies in Comprehensive Regional Strategies 16-11, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy.
· Nelson, Hal T., Nicholas L. Cain and Zining Yang. 2015. “All Politics are Spatial: Integrating an Environmental Planning ABM with Spatially Explicit Landscape Data.” in Heather Campbell, Yushim Kim and Adam Eckerd, ed. Rethinking Environmental Justice in Sustainable Cities: Insights from Agent-Based Modeling, Routledge.
· Yang, Zining and Mark Abdollahian. 2014. “Trade Networks, Regional Agreements and Growth.” in David Deese, ed. Handbook of the International Political Economy of Trade, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK.