About the Program
This slideshow contains 7 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
Congratulations to the 2017 Cohort of Doctors of Education!
- A carefully designed program emphasizing research into practice and completed over a three year period.
- A unique doctoral program focused on transforming schools, turning around under performing schools, and enhancing schools that are already succeeding.
- A program developed by Cal Poly Pomona faculty and leaders in close collaboration with key business leaders and outstanding practicing school administration, with representation from the Los Angeles County Office of Education and the Association of California School Administrators.
- A program designed for working professionals delivered by Distinguished faculty who are graduates from some of the nation's finest universities.
- Opportunities to study international education.
- No red tape! We will provide you with the support needed to earn your degree from beginning to end.
- Ongoing mentoring from your admission to the program through graduation. You will be assigned an individual mentor to serve as a resource to you up until the designation of your dissertation chair.
- Carefully designed research learning with real-world instruction applicable in the workplace.
- A cohort based model based on the principles of adult learning.
- Alternating weekend courses located on campus.
Leadership through Learning
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is pleased to welcome applicants for its outstanding independent doctoral program offered exclusively on the Pomona campus. As one of 23 campuses in the California State University system, the university joins colleagues throughout the state in a dedicated effort to develop educational leaders by offering a Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership.
The mission and vision of Cal Poly Pomona lead us toward service to our local and expanded communities. We strive to fulfill our goals through the development of lifelong learners and leaders who are prepared to apply academic knowledge within their chosen field upon graduation in a changing multicultural world. Toward this end, the university has created a doctoral program specifically designed to develop leaders for the 21st century who are prepared to engage in the challenges and embrace the opportunities of educational leadership today and in the future.
Centrally located in the heart of the Inland Empire, bordering Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties, Cal Poly Pomona offers an accessible location for returning students to embark on an educational journey toward academic advancement and personal enrichment. Our program is designed to provide optimal support and accommodation for working adults and busy professionals. Classes are embedded in a broader research learning community committed to the success of each individual student.