Orientations & Deadlines
Credential Program Orientation Schedule
Our teacher credential programs require prospective students to participate in an orientation. Please participate in an orientation appropriate for your interest:
- Multiple Subject (Elementary) and Single Subject (Secondary) Programs
- Teacher Intern Program
- Education Specialist Program
The orientations for our multiple and single subject credential programs are now online. To access, follow the directions below:
Orientation Directions for Cal Poly Pomona Students:
- Login to Blackboard using your BroncoName and BroncoPassword
- Click the Organizations tab at the top of the screen
- In the Organization Search box type "Credential Services Program Orientation" (without quotations) and click Go
- Click the double-down arrow icon next to the Organization ID and then click Enroll
- You will be asked to self-enroll. Click Submit to self-enroll.
- You will see the message action successful if you have been enrolled
- Click ok to continue
Orientation Directions for Non-Cal Poly Pomona Students:
**Education Specialist Program orientations are not online and are held at Cal Poly Pomona.**
While we diligently try not to make changes, all orientation dates are subject to change without notice. Please call the Credential Analyst (x4400) before driving a long distance.
Education Specialist Orientation
|August 29, 2017||5:00 - 6:00 pm||6-227|
|October 3, 2017||5:00 - 6:00 pm||6-227|
|January 9, 2018||5:00 - 6:00 pm||6-104|
|April 10, 2018||5:00 - 6:00 pm||TBD|
Applications & Admissions
There are two important steps associated with the Credential applications and admission process:
- Graduate applications may be completed online at https://www.calstate.edu/apply
- For information on Graduate University Deadlines please view the Graduate Admissions Website.
- For additional information contact The Office of Admissions and Outreach: (909) 869-4555.
Important Credential Programs Deadlines
After completing the University admission process, please review the important deadlines for:
- First-Time Credential Process (for Education Specialist, Multiple Subject & Single Subject Programs)
- Advanced Credential Process (for Administrative Services Credential Program and Students Adding Education Specialist Credential (SECAP))
- Intern Students (an Alternative Route to Clinical Practice)
(For Education Specialist, Multiple Subject & Single Subject Programs)
- Credential Program Application Deadlines (for credential program admission):
- Spring 2018 - January 5, 2018
- Fall 2018 - March 1, 2018
- Clinical Practice Application Deadlines (for progression into clinical practice):
- Spring 2018 - December 8, 2017
- Fall 2018 - March 15, 2018
(For Administrative Services Credential Program and Students Adding Education Specialist Credential (SECAP)):
The Advanced Credential Program application deadline is:
- Fall 2018 - TBA
(An Alternative Route for Clinical Practice)
Students eligible to join the internship program are required to consult with the Intern Coordinator and the Credential Services Office for deadline information for each quarter.
For the necessary applications, please visit the forms page.