Preliminary Single Subject Credential
Course Requirements for Preliminary Single Subject Credential (36 Units)
- EDU 5010 - Foundations of Teaching & Learning (3 units)
- EDU 5020 - Foundation of Education in a Diverse Society (3 units)
- EDU 5302 - Educating Students with Disablities in Diverse Settings (3 units)
- EDU 5200 - Secondary Reading & Writing in the Content Areas (TPA 2) (3 units)
- EDU 5205 - Teaching Secondary Curriculum & Methods (3 units)
- EDU 5210 - Teaching Secondary English Learners (3 units)
- EDU 5215 - Models of Secondary Instruction (TPA 1) (3 units)
- EDU 5220 - Building Relationships with Youth, Families, & Communities (3 units)
- EDU 5260 - Single Subject Clinical Practice (3 units)
- EDU 5280 - Teaching Performance Assessment for Secondary Teachers (3 units)
Additional Credential Requirements
Adult, Child & Infant CPR:
Valid verification needs to be submitted to the Credential Analyst at the end of Clinical Practice when you apply for the Preliminary Credential.
Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA):
Passing scores on all TPAs are required at various points throughout the program and to be recommended for the Preliminary Credential.
1.) When requesting substitution of equivalent courses from another institution, students must complete a Course Equivalency Request form with a copy of official transcripts, a copy of the catalog course description from the year the course was taken and the syllabus. This form and supporting documents is to be submitted to the Credential Analyst.
2.) Please arrange for Pearson to send your scores electronically to Cal Poly Pomona. Please also be prepared to provide a copy of the original scores you receive.