Expected Learning Outcomes
The Expected Learning Outcomes for Multiple and Single Subject Credential Programs are synonymous with the California Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs). These expectations were developed through rigorous research and consultation with California educators by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) to describe the set of knowledge, skills and abilities beginning teachers should be able to demonstrate. Expected Learning Outcomes for the Education Specialist and Administrative Services Credentials are based on the TPEs and extend the expectations for those unique job settings. See the program for specific listings.
Cal Poly Pomona has the Teaching Performance Expectations integrated into all credentialing coursework to prepare students appropriately for completion of the Teacher Performance Assessment (Cal TPA) which is required for the issuance of a California Multiple or Single Subject credential.
The TPEs describe teaching tasks that fall into six broad domains:
- Engaging and Supporting All Students in Learning
- Creating and Maintaining Effective Environments for Student Learning
- Understanding and Organizing Subject Matter for Student Learning
- Planning Instruction and Designing Learning Experiences for All Students
- Assessing Student Learning
- Developing as a Professional Educator