International Journal of Teacher Leadership
Aims & Scope
The International Journal of Teacher Leadership (IJTL) is a forum that seeks to understand the relationship between the practice and research of teacher leaders. IJTL helps to better prepare current and future teachers to address the leadership challenges and demands they face. IJTL publishes cutting-edge articles that include honoring teachers as leaders, developing teacher leaders, building a culture and climate that supports teacher leadership, influencing schools through teacher leadership, and empowering teachers as leaders.
IJTL has its purpose to publish clear and significant contributions to the understanding and/or improvement of teacher leadership. The editors seek to publish articles that advance the theoretical and practical understandings of teacher leadership in contexts of education that encompass the multidisciplinary communities of schooling, educational research, and practice. Preference will be given to manuscripts that have a broad appeal, wide applicability, and immediate usefulness to teachers, other practitioners, and researchers.
The editors invite rigorous work from a diverse community including humanities, arts, science, social sciences, business, and law to foster and advance teaching, learning, and scholarship of teacher leadership. We invite original empirical and theoretical studies across a wide range of methodological paradigms (i.e. ethnographic, historical, narrative, legal, experimental/quantitative, critical, and interpretive approaches), analyses, and essays in teacher leadership that
- examine how teacher leadership influences student learning;
- examine theoretical and practical connections of teacher leadership in multidisciplinary, diverse, or global contexts;
- evaluate processes and outcomes of teacher leadership and professionalism;
- evaluate perspectives on teacher leadership and restructuring teacher education;
- evaluate teacher preparation curricula and field experiences in teacher leadership; and
- expand the innovative and creative knowledge of teachers to enable them to lead and serve others.