2014-15 PIE Fellowship
PIE 2014-15 Application
Application goes live on September 8th, 2014
Application deadline is tentatively set for November 3rd, 2014
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 3.0 credential program admit GPA
- Fully admitted into Credential Program with 100% subject matter competency (CSET or subject matter preparation program)
- Working towards the first credential
- NOT currently employed as an intern teacher
- Will be enrolled in Block II no later than Winter 2016
- Respond to all essay prompts in the online application through Cal Poly Pomona’s Bronco Scholarship Application.
Additional Felzer Fellowship Requirements
- Either a Single Subject candidate who is seeking a credential in one of the STEM disciplines OR a multiple subject candidate seeking to become a specialist in a STEM discipline at the elementary or middle school level.
- Felzer candidates must attach an original lesson plan that includes inquiry-based lesson that reflects the pedagogy required to meet the state common core standards.
If you are awarded a fellowship, please be aware of the following:
- Distribution of fellowship is $2500 each for block I and block II for a maximum of $5000. Clinical practice must be complete by the end of Winter Quarter 2016.
- Be in good standing in the program during your coursework and clinical practice.
- Write a thank you note to the PIE Board for their support of this program.
- Attend the Partners in Education (PIE) Fellows recognition event (date TBA).
- Provide a brief informative description of yourself that will be used in part for the printed program and to introduce you at the PIE recognition dinner. Limit your summary to 200-250 words or less and should be written in the third person as it will be read as you are introduced. Send via email to email@example.com. Deadline: Jan. 16, 2015.
- Initiate and maintain quarterly communication during your clinical practice with the PIE member assigned as your Ambassador.
- Write an article for the PIE Newsletter about your experience as a PIE scholar, e.g. what the award meant to you, progress after receiving teaching credential, etc.
- Attend the College of Education & Integrative Studies Credential Celebration upon completion of the program.
- Consider participating in the Education Alumni Group or other alumni events at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Attend one PIE event during the next year to share your story regarding the impact the PIE scholarship made in your life.
- Be available to mentor one of next year’s recipients as a friend.
PIE 2014-15 Fellowship Application Information Meeting
Date: Friday, October 17th, 2014
Time: 4:00 PM
Location: Building 6, Room 115
The PIE Fellowship Information Session is for students who would like to know more about the PIE Fellowship process. During the meeting, we will discuss the essay questions included in the application, the interview process, and what is expected of PIE Fellows once they are awarded their fellowship. We will also discuss the Felzer Scholarship lesson plan.