PIE 2017-2018 Application
PIE 2018-19 Application
Application deadline is October 2, 2018
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 Credential Program admit GPA
- Fully admitted into the Credential Program with 100% subject matter competency (CSET) or subject matter preparation program
- Working towards your first credential
- NOT currently employed as an intern teacher
- Will be enrolled in Clinical Practice no later than Fall 2019
- Respond to all essay prompts within the online application through Cal Poly Pomona’s Bronco Scholarship Application.
Additional Felzer Scholarship Requirements:
- Either a Single Subject candidate who is seeking a credential in one of the STEM disciplines OR a multiple subject candidate seeking to become a specialist in a STEM discipline at the elementary or middle school level.
- Felzer candidates must attach an original lesson plan that includes an inquiry-based lesson that reflects the pedagogy required to meet the state common core standards.
- Students awarded Fellowships are not eligible for reimbursements for terms of Clinical Practice already completed.
- Remain in good standing in the program during your coursework and Clinical Practice.
- Write a thank you note to the PIE Board.
- Attend the Partners in Education (PIE) Recognition Dinner on February 12, 2019.
- Submit a brief bio (200-250 words) to Ashley Jones.
- Initiate and maintain quarterly communication with your assigned PIE Board Member.
- Write an article about your experience as a PIE Scholar (e.g. what the award meant to you, progress after receiving teaching credential, etc).
- Attend the Credential Celebration upon completion of the program.
- Attend one PIE event next year to share your story.
- Be available to mentor a future recipient.