Career Center Services
From classes to careers, we are here for our students. Our goal is to provide our students with guidance on setting career goals, job searching techniques, resume writing and interviewing skills. All CEIS students are able to meet with our college's appointed Career Counselor, Dr. Cheryl Love. She is the Liaison to CEIS in the Career Center and provides drop-in career advising for students and alumni from all CEIS departments. (note: in a rare case where Dr. Love is booked or unavailable, you can visit Cal Poly Pomona's other counselors in the Career Center.)
Office Hours - Bldg. 94, Room 291:
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. - 12 p.m., 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. (drop-in hours)|
Get to Know Dr. Cheryl Love
Dr. Cheryl Love serves as a Career Counselor and Liaison to the College of Education and Integrative Studies. She has been a member of the Cal Poly Pomona Career Center Team since the beginning of 2014. Cheryl has 25 years of experience as a counselor and teacher in all four higher education systems (UC, CSU, Private and Community) as well as the public school and non-profit sector. This breadth of experience has provided her with the knowledge and skills to work with diverse student populations to assist them with identifying their career goals.
Career Counseling Events
Education Job Opportunities & Upcoming Events
ATTENTION TPI STUDENTS & ALUMNI, AND CURRENT
CAL POLY POMONA , CSUF, AND LA VERNE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS!
TWO FREE CSET Multiple Subject
SUBTEST I Workshop
Five Thursdays 4-7 p.m. or 5-8 p.m.* March 30—April 27, 2017
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017**
SUBTEST II Workshop
Five Thursdays 4-7 p.m. or 5-8 p.m.*
May 4—June 1, 2017
Application Deadline: April 24, 2015**
*Depending on instructor availability
**$20 refundable deposit and unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted with application
ADVANTAGE? REIMBURSEMENT OF THE $99 TEST FEE WHEN YOU PASS! REIMBURSEMENT IS FOR CURRENT ACTIVE TPI MEMBERS ONLY.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS APPLY: CALL OR COME IN FOR DETAILS: 909 -274-4190
TPI CENTER: 26A –1610
Opportunities for Learning Teaching Positions
We are currently recruiting for several Full Time teaching positions in the San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel Valley areas.
• 4 vacancies for Science teacher- $57K-$61K DOE, Requires a single subject science credential
• 2 vacancies for Special Education- $61,500-$65,500 DOE, Valid CA Teaching Credential in Special Education (Mild/Moderate)
• 2 vacancies for Teacher- $57K, requires a valid CA teaching credential
Contact Melissa Ayala, HR Generalist
Opportunities for Learning Public Charter Schools
320 N Halstead Street,
Pasadena, Ca. 91107
Lights on Learning
We love working together and are passionate about bringing excitement to the learning process. By collaborating with teachers, we make student success happen. Looking to be a part of something great? Lights On Learning may be the place for you!
Academic Tutor for 2016-2017 School Year
Job Title: Academic Tutor
Position Type: Part-Time (4-18 hours/week)
Tutoring Hours: Between 2:30pm – 7:30pm
Locations: Rowland Heights, Hacienda Heights, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga
You’ll be challenged to create and execute a plan to dramatically increase students’ grades, skills, motivation and confidence in just one semester.
You’ll be in the company of talented tutors who proactively communicate with teachers, build strong relationships with students and are excellent in what they do!
- Possess strong subject matter knowledge in one or more core subject area; comfortable tutoring students in the subject of Bible
- Able to clearly articulate main points in an engaging way
- Able to break complex concepts down into simple ideas
- Represent excellence and responsibility
- Organized and punctual with zero missed deadlines
- Submission of neat, accurate and complete reports
- Strong command of grammar and writing conventions
- Consistent planning with teachers to set student goals and track progress
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to build strong rapport with student in just 1 session
- Able to establish a safe, structured and motivating environment in just 1 session
- Solid references vouching for all of the above
- Prior tutoring/teaching experience
- Minimum college GPA of 3.0 (unofficial transcript must be provided)
- Must be able to provide own transportation to tutoring site
- Available to work at least twice a week
- Proof of TB skin test (negative) taken within the past 4 years
- Completion of fingerprinting clearance & background check upon hire
Cherry On Top
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin
- Experience working with English Language Learners
- Click to download application: Academic Tutor Application
- Academic Tutor Applications must be submitted with a resume to be considered for interview.
- Email completed application form and resume to email@example.com.
- Contact the hiring manager at 626-263-0434 for questions relating to tutor positions.
YMCA Camp Sequoia Opportunities
YMCA Camp Sequoia Lake is excited to announce employment opportunities for the Summer 2017 season. We are a collaborative, empowering community focused on servant leadership and experiential education in a traditional summer camp environment. We are situated on a beautiful mountain lake in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range just 2.5 trail miles from Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in youth development, counseling, education, teaching, outdoor leadership, or other related fields. We are seeking bright, warm, responsible, self-motivated, reliable, positive people who would love to be caring mentors for youth of all ages and backgrounds. Formal applications and & job descriptions are on the company’s website.
Educational Talent Search Program - Tutor/Peer Advisor Job Description
Educational Talent Search is a federally funded program that helps prepare high school students for success in post-secondary education. Assistance is given to high school students who demonstrate potential to succeed in college at the following high schools: Chino High School, Chino Valley Learning Academy, and Don Antonio Lugo High School. The Program is currently seeking Educational Talent Search Tutor/Peer Advisors
As an Educational Talent Search Tutor/Peer Advisor, you will have a diverse range of responsibilities and interaction with individuals within the school sites mentioned above. The majority of your time will be spent with the students you will be tutoring and advising at the school site, but please be mindful that you will also be working with the following:
• Cal Poly Pomona Administrators, Faculty and Staff
• High School Administrators Faculty and Staff
• Educational Talent Search Tutors/Peer Advisors and professional staff
Educational Talent Search Tutors/Peer Advisors will travel to assigned schools and utilize available resources for tutoring, workshops and advising high school students in the classroom and at the school sites. Tutoring may take place in a one-on-one and/or small group situation. Tutors/Peer advisors should have flexible hours in order to serve the needs of the schools participating in the Educational Talent Search Program. All tutors/peer advisors are expected to participate in the Educational Talent Search Program staff training sessions throughout the year as well as regularly scheduled staff meetings. We will coordinate these meetings to accommodate your school schedules. Duties are assigned to each tutor/peer advisor by the Educational Talent Search Director, or Academic Advisor(s) but are not limited to the following:
• Be at the designated school site(s) after school on the days and times of assigned tutoring/peer advising
• Maintain a log of all tutorial and advising services provided to participants as well as document all subjects participants are tutored or advised in.
• Assist the Educational Talent Search Program Director and Academic Advisor(s) in conducting supplemental classroom instruction and serve as group facilitators in discussions.
• Assist participants in understanding and learning subject matter presented in supplemental classroom instruction sessions.
• Attend Saturday class instruction or Educational Talent Search Program events during the evening in which their assistance will be needed.
• Attend scheduled staff meetings and training sessions throughout the year.
• Other duties as assigned.
Application available online: Search: Tutor (TS_Tutor/Advisor – PT)
APU's School of Education's Educator Hiring Fair connects schools, districts, and education-related employers with educator candidates who are planning to secure positions in education. This year's Educator Hiring Fair is Saturday, March 11, 2017 from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Azusa Campus.
YouthBuild Charter School of California - L.A.
Single Subject Credentialed Teacher Social Studies Greater LA
Click here to download information.