Admission Requirements & Applying
Admission applications are accepted for the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Admission requirements are as follows:
- Fill out the CSU Graduate Admission Application on CSU Mentor and pay the $55 application fee.
- Fill out the MSHM application.
- A bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or closely related disciplines with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in other disciplines are also eligible for the MSHM*).
- Either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), although the GMAT (minimum score of 450) is highly recommended.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Resume and statement of purpose.
- At least one year of hospitality management experience is recommended*.
- Some prerequisites may be required based on undergraduate studies and hospitality/tourism industry backgrounds.
International Applicants Only:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 (80 on the Internet-based Test) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5. TOEFL/IELTS scores must be no more than two years old.
- A copy of picture page of passport.
- Fill out the Affidavit of Financial Support
- Fill out the Health Insurance Agreement Form
For more information, please visit the International Graduate Admissions page.
Send your complete application packet with all required documents to:
Office of Admissions & Outreach (Graduate Admissions)
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave., Pomona, CA 91786
Telephone: (909) 869-2876, Fax: (909) 869-4529
Important Dates for Graduate Applicants
|Term of Application||Application Deadline||Supporting Document Deadline|
|Fall 2018||May 30, 2018||June 30, 2018|