The registration period for Open University (OU) varies by quarter but typically occurs after regularly admitted students have registered for their classes. OU deadlines and important dates can be accessed on the College of the Extended University calendar on the website. Follow the steps below to continue the registration and enrollment process.
CURRENT CAL POLY POMONA STUDENTS: Are you a current & matriculated Cal Poly Pomona student? If the answer is yes, this process does not apply to you. Contact Bronco Advising Center to answer any of your enrollment questions.
- Returning Open University Students: You must complete Step 1 to reactivate your account every quarter you take classes through Open University.
- Click ACCOUNT ACTIVATION above to activate your account for the quarter.
- Fill out the form and submit.
- In 72 hours or less, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to set up your account.
- Click OPEN UNIVERSITY PETITION above to download the petition for the quarter.
ATTENTION COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDENTS: A separate prerequisite form is no longer required. Download the standard Open University petition.
- Fill out the petition and contact instructors and department chairs to receive their signed approval to take the class.
- Review the Important Dates page to see the petition acceptance dates for each quarter.
- Submit your petition in person to the College of the Extended University and pay online through BroncoDirect. Please see the INSTRUCTIONS TO PAY FOR OPEN UNIVERSITY COURSES.
- After you have paid, a staff member will enroll you into your class(es). You can verify your enrollment by clicking on the link above and logging into BroncoDirect.