Advanced Construction Management
Increase your marketability and salary; individuals in project management can earn up to 20% more than a construction manager. Moving into a Project Management career will result from growing technical skills, maturing interpersonal skills, communication, leadership, supervision, and management skills. This certificate, along with the skills learned in the Construction Management Certificate Program, will help you move into the next phase of your career.
- Anyone with responsibility for construction, building, design, and renovation projects
- Contractors, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, and facility managers
- Construction managers who would like to become project engineers or project managers
We are proud to introduce, the CEU’s Construction and Building instructor, Bruyn Bevans. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Bevans is a valuable instructor for the CEU’s building and construction management program.
He is the Sr. Project Manager for Cal Poly Pomona's Facilities Design & Construction Dept. and has been teaching for Cal Poly Pomona for over ten years. He is the Program Coordinator for the two certificates and has been instrumental in working with other instructors to ensure that the courses are up-to-date and useful for our students
Assistant Project Manager for Construction Management
- Describe the standard forms and construction management tools utilized for the management of project
- Describe and prepare a subcontract scoping documents and contracts within the company’s guidelines and standards
- Describe, Interpret, and direct the use, process, and obligations of various requirements listed within the Division 1 Sections of a typical construction project
Certified Assistant Project Manager (Elective)
- Understand project management terminology and the process of effective practices
- Gain the knowledge and skills to successfully guide projects in their unique organization.
Understanding Building & Accessibility Codes (Elective)
- Review and understand the building and accessibility codes that are used in design and construction to ensure the health and safety of the public
|Assistant Project Manager for Construction Management|
One Elective from the Following Two Courses:
|Understanding Building and Accessibility Code|
|Introduction to Project Management (CAPM)|