Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Students should have an interest in pursuing a career in Electric Utility Planning
- A mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- An interest in developing project management and customer service skills
- It will take 14 weeks to complete all core classes.
- It will take an additional 6 to 10 weeks to complete one of the required elective courses.
- Two Core Classes
- Electric Utility Planning 100 (7 weeks)
- Electric Utility Planning 101 (7 weeks)
- One Electric Class (choose one of the below)
- Project Management (6 weeks)
- Construction Management (10 weeks)
- AutoCAD (7 weeks)
- Elective classes will be offered at various times throughout the academic year
- Project Management and AutoCAD will be offered on Saturdays 1:30 to 5:30
- Construction Management will be offered on weeknights (TBD)
- Yes, CEU credits are awarded upon each class completion
- Electric Utility Planning 100 (7 weeks) 2.8 CEUS
- Electric Utility Planning 101 (7 weeks) 2.8 CEUS
- Choose one Elective Class from below:
- Project Manangement (6 weeks) 2.4 CEUS
- Construction Management (10 weeks) 2.5 CEUS
- AutoCAD (7 weeks) 2.8 CEUS
Note: CEU credits are not applicable for an academic degree.
See Introduction to Utility Planning 100 - 7 classes
See Introduction to Utility Planning 101 - 7 classes
Contact Cal Poly Pomona - College of Extended University at (909) 869-2288 or click here.
Electric Utility Planning 100 (7 weeks) $1,195
Electric Utility Planning 101 (7 weeks) $1,195
One Elective Class (must choose from one of area listed below)
Project Management (6 weeks) $950
Construction Management (10 weeks) $425
AutoCAD (7 weeks) $1,195
- No, every individual brings different experiences and skills to a job so there is never a guarantee for a position at the end of the program.
- This certificate will provide every student an opportunity to learn the basics skills and knowledge required of an entry-level Electric Utility Planner.
- Students are encouraged to inquire with each individual utility by contacting the HR department.
Core courses must be taken consecutively. If an exception is required, contact CEU Registration at 909-869-2288
Students can miss only one (1) class in a course.Students will need to contact the instructor for make-up class material.
No, both core courses and one elective must be completed before a certificate is awarded.