College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences

Declare a Major or Minor

The office staff is happy to help you through the process of declaring a major or minor, or to answer questions about it.  Come by the main office at 24-214, or simply call: 909-869-3940.

The process of changing your major or minor, or declaring one if you are undeclared, is a relatively simple one.  You will need to fill out one of the following forms, and bring it to the main office for the appropriate signatures:

To declare a major: Petition to change major curriculum
To declare a minor: Request for award of minor

Many of our students major in another field of study as well as English or Spanish.  
To declare a double major: Petition to change major curriculum