These are only some of our talented alumns. We would love to include you in the list if you are not currently on it. Please contact us with any additions, corrections or updates.
- Bryan Nakawaki. 2008. Earned an M.A. in English from the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. Currently a Ph.D. Candidate in English at Purdue University, specializing in Shakespeare in performance.
- Deborah Takahashi. 2006. Earned an M.A. in Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. Has worked at Alhambra Civic Center Library.
- Cynthia Cea. 2015. Pursuing PhD in Spanish at UC Riverside.
- Laura Arias. 2014. Pursuing Master’s in Education at Portland State University.
- Iliana N. Garcia. 2014. Earned an MA in Public Administration U. of La Verne (2015). Currently working at City Hall Los Angeles.
- Jaime Cortés. 2013. Pursuing Spanish Teaching Credential. Works as Spanish Teacher at King City High School.
- Alejandra Pulido. 2013. Pursuing Master’s in English at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Meloddye Carpio. 2013. Master’s in Latin American Literatures and Culture at UC Davis 2015. Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Hispanic Literary and Cultural Studies at the University of Illinois-Chicago.
- Leah McCollough. 2013. She is currently working as African American Community Outreach Assistant.
- Irene Conde. 2013. She is currently completing her Spanish Teaching Credential at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Andrea Sarria. 2013. She is currently working as a Spanish and ESL tutor at Chaffey College.
- Valentin Mercado. 2013. Spanish Teaching Credential at Cal Poly Pomona 2015. He is currently a teacher at Collins Family College-Ready High School.
- Diana E. Zapata. 2013. Spanish Teaching Credential at Cal Poly Pomona 2015. She is currently a teacher at Collins Family College-Ready High School.
- Fátima Quiñones. 2012. She is currently working as a caseworker in Chino.
- Erica Velasco. 2011.Spanish Teaching Credential at Cal Poly Pomona 2015. She is currently a Spanish teacher at Jurupa Valley High School.
- Heidi Alcalá. 2011. Master in Spanish at Fullerton 2015. She is currently teaching Spanish as an adjunct at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Edgar Orlando. 2011. Pursuing Teaching Credential-Special Education. Works as a substitute teacher in the Baldwin Park district.
- Fátima Luna. 2011. Freelance translator.
- Cyntia Castro. 2010. Certificate in Translation at UC Riverside 2014. Currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Spanish at Cal State San Bernardino and working as a School District Translator.
- Dalia Gomez. 2009. MA Spanish at CSU Long Beach 2012. Currently pursuing a PhD in Spanish at UC Riverside.
- Melody Sánchez. 2009. After graduation, moved to Mexico D.F. where she taught 5th grade English in an all-girls Catholic school.
- Karen Bossano. 2008. Earned her teaching credential after graduation. Spanish teacher at Upland High School in Upland.
- María Azpeitia. Spanish BA 2007. Earned an M.A. in TESL and English Rhetoric and Composition from Cal Poly Pomona in 2009. Has taught at various area colleges.
- Ivette Gómez. 2002. Earned her M.A. and Ph.D. in Spanish from U.C. Irvine in 2009 with a specialty in 20th & 21st century Latin American Literature.
- Rafael Durán. Spanish BA 2001. Earned a Bilingual Education Credential, M.A. in Bilingual Education, and M.A. in Spanish. Spanish Teacher at Ganesha High School in Pomona. An accomplished vocalist, Rafael has sung in English and Spanish in a variety of settings including the L.A. Opera Chorus.