Student Learning Outcomes
Music Department Student Learning Outcomes 2009 (approved 8/18/09 and amended 5/18/10)
The individual completing our Bachelor of Arts in Music will be able to:
- Perform a variety of music with expression and musical accuracy.
- Communicate effectively--verbally and in writing--about specific musical works and musicians, about the creative process in music, and about musicʼs role in human culture.
- Demonstrate musicianship skills (including those involving technology) and conceptual understandings.
- Demonstrate and articulate personal growth as a musician and student of music in the world.
- Articulate a holistic understanding of the many influences on any musical endeavor (e.g., cultural, artistic, technological, economic, etc.)
- Develop specialized knowledge appropriate to the option or emphasis area.
The individual completing a general education course in music will be able to discuss and appraise the role of music in a balanced life, using appropriate vocabulary and examples from the course they just completed.
Click to download: Music Department's Student Learning Outcomes (PDF)