Internship and Scholarship Opportunities
SW 402 Internship Registration Information
ATTEND MANDATORY MEETING ON TUESDAY OF THE FIRST AND EIGHTH WEEK OF THE QUARTER AT 1:00 IN DR. PARRA'S OFFICE 5-245.
Proposal must be legible (no erasures or crossed out words) and completely filled out by student (see syllabus), using an ink pen. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
- Off-Campus Contracts needs to be signed by first Professor Parra, then the site supervisor of approved off-campus site. On-Campus contracts do not require site supervisor signature.
- Take to the PSY/SOC Department office (5-110) where the class number will be given to the student.
- The student must then enroll in SW 402 on BroncoDirect before the last day to add classes.
SW402 Contract (PDF)
Please see Dr. Parra for Emergency Contact Information and Release of Liability Forms to be submitted with SW 402 Forms
Internship/Special Project Registration Information
- Obtain a PSY/SOC contract ("400 form") for internship or special project in the PSY/SOC department office or click on the link below.
- Have your supervisor circle which project, and sign the contract.
- Return signed contract to psy/soc department office. you will be put on a class list and given the class number allowing you to add the class.
For undergraduate majors in Psychology, Sociology, and Behaviorial Sciences.
Open to All Majors
- LOWELL OVERTON ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
- PSYCHOLOGY & SOCIOLOGY DEPARTMENT SCHOLARSHIP
- FRED MEEKER ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
Open to Sociology Majors Only
- ERNEST CIOFFI ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
The purpose of these awards is to assist outstanding majors to complete their degrees.
The requirements are as follows:
- Must have completed a minimum of 90 quarter units by the end of Spring Quarter
- Must be a full time undergraduate student
- Must not be graduating before March
- Must have completed lower division major requirements by the end of Spring Quarter
- Must have made some progress in completing upper division requirements in the Psychology, Sociology or Behavioral Sciences major by the end of the Spring Quarter
- Must have a minimum 3.00 Overall GPA at the end of the Winter Quarter
- Only one application form is required to be considered for any of the departmental scholarships. Students are only eligible to be awarded one scholarship
- Only one letter of recommendation from a Cal Poly Pomona faculty member is required to be considered for any of the departmental scholarships. Please do not submit additional letters of support