Charles Julian White
Julian received his BFA from Webster University Conservatory of Performing Arts in St. Louis, MO, his MFA from the University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA and his classical training from Oxford University, London England. He has taught acting, movement, and directing at California State University Northridge, California State University Dominguez Hills, Cerritos College, and Long Beach City College.
Julian is also a professional actor, director and co-owner of Pnuema Theater Company.
Selected acting roles include:
- Othello (Othello) Knightsbridge Theater
- Owners (Worsley) Iowa City Repertory Theater
- Hamlet (Laertes)
- King Lear (Edmund)
- Titus Andronicus (Aaron)
- Macbeth (Macduff) Michigan Repertory Co.
- A Raisin in the Sun (George) Repertory Theatre of St. Louis
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (Rosencrantz) Meremac Repertory Theater Company
Directing projects include:
- Eleven Zulu (Long Beach City College)
- SubUrbia (Company of Angles Theater), for colored girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf (Morgan Wixon Theater)
- The God Squad (Chance Theater)
Stage combat choreography includes:
- Romeo and Juliet
- Henry IV part I
- Hamlet (Los Angeles Shakespeare Festival)
- Eleven Zulu (International City Theater LBCC)
- No Place to Be Somebody (University of Iowa)
- Lay My Burden Down (House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA)
Certification, Recognized Actor/Combatant the Society of American Fight Directors Winter Stage Combat Workshop, University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Black Theatre Network
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- Society of American Fight Directors