Published Articles, Books & Chapters
- Hanks, L. Line, N, & Yang, W. (2017). Status seeking and perceived similarity: A consideration of homophily in the social servicescape. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 60, 123-132
- Hou, Y., Yang, W., & Sun, Y. (2017). Do Pictures help? The Effects of Pictures and Food Names on Menu Evaluations. International Journal of Hospitality Management. 60, 94-103.
- Kwok, L., Xie, K.L., & Richards, T. (2017). Thematic framework of online reviews: A systematic analysis of contemporary literature on seven major hospitality and tourism journals. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 29(1), 307-354.
- Lee, Patrick C. & Martin R. Bugler (2017) Training practices in the Hong Kong hotel industry: Managerial and executive perspectives, Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism
- Lee, Patrick C, & Ben Dewald (2017) Tipping Practices of Chinese Tourists in U.S. Restaurants: An Exploratory Study, Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Lee, Patrick C. (2017) Training and Development Trends in the Hospitality Industry-Evidence from Hospitality Management Journals. J Tourism Res Hospitality
- Lee, Patrick C., Sunny Sun, Andy Lee & Rob Law (2017) Educational technology in hospitality management programmes: experience and expectation, International Journal of Tourism Sciences
- Lee. M.J., Dopson, L., & Ko, S. (2017). Graduate study in hospitality management in the United States: Doctoral programs.Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education, 29(1), 25-34.
- Li, M., Wang, D., Xu, W. & Mao, Z. (2017). Motivation for family vacations with young children: Anecdotes from the Internet. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing.
- Liang, R-D., Yang, W., Chen, D-J., & Chung, Y-F. (2017). The Effect of Sales Promotions on Consumers’ Organic Food Response: An application of logistic regression model. British Food Journal, 19(6), 1247-1262.
- Mascho, E. & Mao, Z. (2017). An exploratory study of managerial compensation in the restaurant industry.Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism, 16(3), 270-287.
- Merritt, Edward A. (2017). Leadership and Strategy: Understanding, Planning, and Implementing. Day Press.
- Simon C. K. Wong & Patrick C. Lee (2017) Roles of the Hotel Training Professionals—Perspectives of Industry Practitioners, International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration
- Simon C. K. Wong & Patrick C. Lee (2017) Competencies of training professionals in the Hong Kong hotel industry, Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism
Xie, K.L. & Kwok, L. (2017). The impact of Airbnb’s price penetration on hotel performance. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 67, 174-184.
- Xie, K.L., Kwok, L., & Wang, W. (2017). Monetizing managerial response on TripAdvisor: Performance implications across hotel classes. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. In Press
- Yang, W., & Kwok, L. (2017). Improving blog spam filter via machine learning. International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, 9(2), 99-121.
- Yang, Y. & Mao, Z. (2017). Do independent hotels benefit from the presence of branded ones? Journal of Business Research, 76, 108-117 doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2017.03.014
- Yang, Y., Mao, Z., & Tang, J. (2017). Understanding guest satisfaction with urban hotel location. Journal of Travel Research. doi: 10.1177/0047287517691153
- Yang, W.* & Mattila, A.S. (2017). The Impact of Status Seeking on Consumers' Word-of-Mouth and Product Preference - A Comparison Between Luxury Hospitality Services and Luxury Goods. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research. 41(1), 3-22.
- Yoo, M., Singh, A. K., & Ghaharian, K. (2017). Foreign exchange rate effect on international gaming performance in Las Vegas.UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal, 21(1), 1-23.
- Zaharopoulos, D., & Kwok, L. (2017) Law firms’ organizational impression management strategies on Twitter. Journal of Creative Communications. In press
- Singh, N. & Hsiung, Y. (2016) Exploring the importance and performance of critical success factors for Napa’s wine tourism industry from a demand perspective. Anatolia, 27(4), 433-443.
- Kwok, L, & Xie, K. (2016). Factors contributing to the helpfulness of online hotel reviews: does manager response play a role?, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 28 Iss 10, DOI: 10.1108/IJCHM-03-2015-0107
- Dewald, B., Jimenez, A., & Self, J. (2016). Comparing pre and post perceptions of studying abroad: an Italy programme case study. Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research. Published on Taylor & Francis Online at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13032917.2016.1160415
- Berezan, O., Yoo, M., & Christodoulidou, N. (2016). The impact of communication channels on communication style and information quality for hotel loyalty programs. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology JHTT,7(1), 100-116.
- Bogicevic, V., Yang, W., Cobanoglu, C., Bilgihan, A., & Bujisic, M. (2016). Traveler Anxiety and Enjoyment: The Effect of Airport Environment on Traveler’s Emotions. Journal of Air Transport Management, 57, 122-129.
Dewald, B. (2016) Learning from student feedback, The National Teaching Forum, 25(2), 4-5.
Han, H., Lee, M., & Hwang, J. (2016). Cruise travelers’ environmentally responsible decision-making: An integrative framework of goal-directed behavior and norm activation process. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 53(1), 94-105.
Kwok, L., Huang, Y.K. & Hu, L. (2016). Green attributes of restaurants: What really matters to consumers?International Journal of Hospitality Management, 55, 107-117.
Lee, P. C., & Mao, Z. (2016). The relation among self-efficacy, learning approaches, and academic performance: an exploratory study. Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, 16(3), 178-194.
Lee, M., Huh, C., & Jones, M. (2016). Investigating quality dimensions of hospitality higher education: From a student's perspective. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education, 28(2), 95-106.
- Lee, P.C., Sun, S., Law, R., & Lee, A. H. (2016) Educational technology in hospitality management programs: Adoption and expectation. Journal of Teaching in Travel and Tourism. 16(2), 116-142.
Lee, L., Lee, M., & Dewald, B. (2016). Measuring the Customers’ Perception of Tangible Service Quality in the Restaurant Industry: An Emphasis on Upscale Dining Segment. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 19(1), 21-38.
Mao, Z. & Yang, Y. (2016). FDI spillovers in the Chinese hotel industry: The role of geographic regions, star-rating classifications, ownership types, and foreign capital origins. Tourism Management, 54, 1-12.
Song, S., & Yoo, M. (2016). The role of social media during the pre-purchasing stage. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology JHTT, 7(1), 84-99.
- Sun, S., Lee, P., Lee, A., & Law, R. (2016). Perception of attributes and readiness for educational technology: hospitality management students’ perspectives. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 28(3), 142-154.
- Yang, W., Zhang, L, & Mattila, A.S. (2016). Luxe for less: How do consumers react to luxury hotel price promotions? The moderating role of consumers' need for status. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. 57(1), 82-92.
- Yang, W.*, & Hanks, L. (2015). Preconsumption Mood, Causal Explanations, and Postrecovery Reactions. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 25, 1-22.
- Yang, W., Hanks, L., Smith, S.J., & Parsa, H.G. (2015). FDA Ruling and Nutritionally Focused Menus - Part II: Consumer Effort versus Nutritional Accuracy in Restaurant Menus. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 18(2), 93-110.
Yang, W.* & Mattila, A.S. (2016). Why Do We Buy Luxury Experiences?: Measuring Value Perceptions of Luxury Hospitality Services. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28(9), 1848-1867.
Chang, H. S., Huh, C., & Lee, M. J. (2015). Would an Energy Conservation Nudge in Hotels Encourage Hotel Guests to Conserve? Cornell Hospitality Quarterly.
Dai, W., Mao, Z., Zhao, X., & Mattila, A. S. (2015). How does social capital influence the hospitality firm's financial performance? The moderating role of entrepreneurial activities.International Journal of Hospitality Management,51, 42-55.
- Kapoor, S., & de Villa-Lopez, B. (2015). Developing Teamwork Skills in Hospitality Management College Students. Journal of Tourism Research, 10, 10-23.
Kwok, L., & Yu, B. (2015). Taxonomy of Facebook messages in business-to-consumer communications: What really works?Tourism and Hospitality Research.
Kwok, L., Zhang, F., Huang, Y., Yu, B., Maharabhushanam, P., & Rangan, K. (2015). Documenting business-to-consumer (B2C) communications on Facebook. WW Hospitality Tourism Themes Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes,7(3), 283-294.
Lee, M. (2015). An investigation of spa-goers’ intention to visit a luxury hotel spa: An extension of Theory of Planned Behavior. Pan-Pacific Journal of Business Research, 6(2), 15-31.
- Lee, P. C., & Singh, N. (2015). Adoption of computer-based training in Hong Kong hotels.Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism,15(1), 69-85.
- Lee, M., Huh, C., & Lee, J. (2015). Business cycle and long-term debt: Effects on hotel operating lease. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 23(2), 138-146.
- Lee, M., Lee, S., & Joo, Y. (2015). The effects of exhibition service quality on exhibitor satisfaction and behavioral intentions. Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 24(7), 683-707.
Lu, J., Mao, Z., Wang, M., & Hu, L. (2015). Goodbye maps, hello apps? Exploring the influential determinants of travel app adoption. Current Issues in Tourism, 18(11), 1059-1079.
Singh, N. & Zhou, H. (2015) Transformation of tourism in Beijing after the 2008 Summer Olympics: An analysis of the impacts in 2014. International Journal of Tourism Research DOI: 10.1002/jtr.2045.
Text Books and Book Chapters 2015
Dopson, L. & Hayes, D. (2015). Food and Beverage Cost Control (6th ed.) with student Excel workbooks. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 432 pgs. (Text book)
Dopson, L. & Hayes, D. (2015). Study Guide to Accompany Food and Beverage Cost Control (6th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 252 pgs. (Text book supplemental)
Yang, W. (2015). Chinese outbound tourists’ luxury consumption. Chinese Outbound Tourism 2.0., R. Li (Ed), Apple Academic Press. (Book Chapter)